Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Sens 10/23/18 7:30

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He’s not really taking a spot, he’s just keeping the spot warm until a young player is ready. Is that really so bad when there’s so many young guys on the team already?

Yeah it is. Because Carey doesn't really bring anything which Paul or Chlapik couldn't already. If there is any year to overload on young guys, it's this year. But Boucher can't help himself.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He’s not really taking a spot, he’s just keeping the spot warm until a young player is ready. Is that really so bad when there’s so many young guys on the team already?
Chlapik looks capable of being a regular NHLer.

Pretty sure Paul can do what Carey does right now, probably more effective too. Shouldn't the team be giving Paul every chance to prove himself at the NHL level?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Or maybe its that no one wants ceci, dunno if anyone would take him even if we put him on waivers...

He showed alot of potential in the 1st year but regressed massively ever since. I dont buy the, "we put him in a defensive roll which ruined him" excuse.
Perhaps not. At the same time, and I can't pinpoint what it is really, but I feel he's got more potential than he shows. Maybe it's stage fright...? lol.. i don't know. It's just a feeling I have.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I am a little bit worried since this is the second meeting with Boston and hoping they haven't figured out the youngsters yet. Good thing is they will be missing a few players

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Isn't he still injured?

Anyway's, don't care for Carey. If McCormick is healthy, I'd rather him in the lineup, and I've never really been a fan of him (though he has shown some signs of being useful this pre-season and in his one game)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I dont get the obsession with Nick Paul at this point.

Not sure about anyone else on here, but for me, this season feels like it's Pauls last chance to prove himself as a legit NHLer. Kid is 23, on the last year of his deal...time is running out.

While I'm not all that hopeful he'll ever become something, he at least needs a decant chance. A good 7-10 games in a row with reasonable icetime, to see what we have in him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not sure about anyone else on here, but for me, this season feels like it's Pauls last chance to prove himself as a legit NHLer. Kid is 23, on the last year of his deal...time is running out.

While I'm not all that hopeful he'll ever become something, he at least needs a decant chance. A good 7-10 games in a row with reasonable icetime, to see what we have in him.

I had pretty much written him off.

A strong start playing some with Batherson and Balcers has given his career a shot in the arm.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Had a friend who works in the suites at CTC tell me today that they're asking people to not come in for their shifts tonight because they expect it to be so dead at the arena (at least in the luxury boxes)

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Explain this. I mean, do you think a lot of D-men would look good defending at ES or PK against the best players in the world, for like 23 mins a night? Very few D-men, if any, "drive the play" when being used as shutdown. Not only Ceci is not a shutdown D-man, he is the most used shutdown D-man in the whole league.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason.
Ceci looks terrible against any line top or bottom. Against the boards he loses almost every time and looks like a child among men.

Sorry im still not buying it... not just looking at stats, as you mentioned his plus minus can be said to be cause he's vs tough lines but just watching him I cringe multiple times a game with his poor play whether it leads to a goal against or not

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yeah it is. Because Carey doesn't really bring anything which Paul or Chlapik couldn't already. If there is any year to overload on young guys, it's this year. But Boucher can't help himself.

Pretty sure Paul can do what Carey does right now, probably more effective too. Shouldn't the team be giving Paul every chance to prove himself at the NHL level?

Wouldn't you rather Chlapik overcooks in the AHL before he becomes a full-time NHLer? He looked great in pre-season but once the rosters were more NHLers he started fading away. He needs a bit more time imo.

And why not have Paul produce some offence in the AHL now that we actually have a good farm team for once? Let him play with guys like Drake, Brown (when he comes back), Chlapik, Balcers, etc.

Carey is pretty much there to keep the spot warm until management and Dorion think that the young guys are perfectly ready to be full-timers, like White and Lajoie this season after spending all that time in the AHL last season.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It probably has to do with Carey taking a spot from a young player.

Not that a guy on the fourth line is going to make or break your team, but I thought that Carey looked badly out of place in the Montreal game. He was a step slow all night, and his anticipation/hockey sense isn't great either. We got pretty good performances from all of our forwards with one exception - him. I'm confused as to why he is here, frankly.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

i think that was last season for him tbh

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Formenton Carey ryan... look weird
Formenton-Chlapik-Ryan..
Oh look, that line have offensive potential now..

I would also prefer Paul as i think it would have bettwr potential.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Wouldn't you rather Chlapik overcooks in the AHL before he becomes a full-time NHLer? He looked great in pre-season but once the rosters were more NHLers he started fading away. He needs a bit more time imo.

And why not have Paul produce some offence in the AHL now that we actually have a good farm team for once? Let him play with guys like Drake, Brown (when he comes back), Chlapik, Balcers, etc.

Carey is pretty much there to keep the spot warm until management and Dorion think that the young guys are perfectly ready to be full-timers, like White and Lajoie this season after spending all that time in the AHL last season.
I think the notion of having prospects overcook in the minor leagues should be handled on a player by player basis. The times he's been up here he hasn't gotten a leash from the coach despite looking decent. He brings offense, can skate and has decent hockey IQ.

Sometimes you have to throw them out there with a long enough leash to see if they can adjust and produce

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Formenton Carey ryan... look weird
Formenton-Chlapik-Ryan..
Oh look, that line have offensive potential now..

I would also prefer Paul as i think it would have bettwr potential.
did you just promote carey to the 3rd line ?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think the notion of having prospects overcook in the minor leagues should be handled on a player by player basis. The times he's been up here he hasn't gotten a leash from the coach despite looking decent. He brings offense, can skate and has decent hockey IQ.

Sometimes you have to throw them out there with a long enough leash to see if they can adjust and produce

Well yeah, obviously it should be a player by player analysis. You're talking about Paul? I agree he has looked decent but his stats in the AHL leave a lot to be desired. I don't see any problem with him producing a bit more in the AHL with the good group of guys that are there now, before getting a longer look. I think it's inevitable that he gets a long look this season.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Bruins caught filming the sens practice during defensive zone drills this morning lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad