Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Sens 10/23/18 7:30

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Big game, looking forward to seeing how we handle Boston at home

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I thought Paul Carey has been brutal, realistically him and Mccormick should be no where near an NHL lineup. However atleast Mccormick throws his body around, is he hurt still? Id much rather see Nick Paul than Paul Carey.

Reactions: Chezzz

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Coincidence that ever since Ceci when down, we are on a winning streak?

Copy/pasting this from another thread, here's how Ceci ranks among Sens D-men at ES :

CF% : 4th (behind Chabot, DeMelo, Wideman)
SF% : 3rd (behind Chabot, DeMelo)
GF% : 8th
SCF% : 4th (behind Chabot, DeMelo, Wideman)
HDCF% : 4th (behind Harpur, DeMelo, Chabot)

Low for GF% mostly due to several bad goals by the goalies or Boro screwing up. Andy "only" gave 2 bad goals in the last 3 games. The team also didn't score much when Ceci was playing. But anyway, all small sample sizes.

So not among the worst despite missing the best 3 games of the team, despite not being sheltered like Wideman for example, despite QoC (haven't verified but I'm guessing it's as usual), despite lower QoT than others (haven't verified but I'm guessing it's as usual), despite 70.6% of defensive zone starts (wow)

Take it for what it's worth but usually Ceci would be near last with the kind of deployment he has been getting (EV TOI + SH TOI + QoC + QoT + dZS% + role/responsabilities)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Coincidence that ever since Ceci when down, we are on a winning streak?

Ceci used to be a case of all the tools, but no toolbox, but still youngish with plenty of NHL experience - even if it's of a failed shutdown NHL defenceman (no Pierre, no Boucher, he isn't a shutdown dman).

I used to think he might be better off under a different team/system/coach. I now think he is a waste of roster and cap space.

Ceci plain sucks ass.

Reactions: Alex1234

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Ceci used to be a case of all the tools, but no toolbox, but still youngish with plenty of NHL experience - even if it's of a failed shutdown NHL defenceman (no Pierre, no Boucher, he isn't a shutdown dman).

I used to think he might be better off under a different team/system/coach. I now think he is a waste of roster and cap space.

Ceci plain sucks ass.
Hard to imagine he outlasted Methot, Phaneuf and even EK. Makes me like him even less.

I feel like management is still trying to validate that he is as good as he was hyped to be.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Legit this is minor, but why is Paul Carey getting games and Nick Paul barely gets a sniff? What has Carey done that says "yes good NHLer, more of that please"

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hard to imagine he outlasted Methot, Phaneuf and even EK. Makes me like him even less.

I feel like management is still trying to validate that he is as good as he was hyped to be.

I think this is a surefire example of management being completely out of touch with the pro player level and falling into some great amateur scouting

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Legit this is minor, but why is Paul Carey getting games and Nick Paul barely gets a sniff? What has Carey done that says "yes good NHLer, more of that please"
Carey is a temporary player until prospects are ready, Paul is no longer a top prospect.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I think this is a surefire example of management being completely out of touch with the pro player level and falling into some great amateur scouting
I definitely enjoy the quality work of our amateur scouts over the years but there has gotta be a point where management swallows their pride and gives up on an ever-failing project

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009

Or maybe its that no one wants ceci, dunno if anyone would take him even if we put him on waivers...

He showed alot of potential in the 1st year but regressed massively ever since. I dont buy the, "we put him in a defensive roll which ruined him" excuse.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
White on top line - Check
Formenton back in lineup - Check
Smith on the 3rd line - Check

Increased odds of winning - Check!!!

Ceci back in the lineup - X

At least he's on the third pairing, maybe play him against 3/4th liners and with limited minutes could be ok.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
prime premature Cowen - Brent Gryba Burns

was hands down the best third pairing shutdown dou we’ve had. name a better dynamic duo than those two... i’ll wait

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Balcers should be given a look until Thachuk is back. I think he will do good playing on Stone's line, with his shoot first and drive for the net mentality.

Batherson needs to be given a few games, as well, later on in this season. He can bring a lot of speed and skill.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Can Ceci be given the Shattenkirk treatment? Maybe. Is he not a UFA as well this summer? It could be a "gloves are off" scenario between management and Ceci that could be manipulated into a favourable long term deal.

It cannot be lost on him or management that they have won without him in the lineup. Could be the type of pressure he needs to play better. he has been very, very comfortable in the lineup and maybe there is actually real pressure to stay in the lineup.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can Ceci be given the Shattenkirk treatment? Maybe. Is he not a UFA as well this summer? It could be a "gloves are off" scenario between management and Ceci that could be manipulated into a favourable long term deal.

It cannot be lost on him or management that they have won without him in the lineup. Could be the type of pressure he needs to play better. he has been very, very comfortable in the lineup and maybe there is actually real pressure to stay in the lineup.
RFA this summer, a year behind Stone.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
RFA this summer, a year behind Stone.

Ah ok, thanks. Still, lower minutes could hurt his next arbitration award, who knows if that is something that they now will have the ability to manipulate for the betterment of the team. Nice to see the young guys make life difficult for the vest to possibly stay in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad