Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Sens 10/23/18 7:30

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Lol seriously?

What a bunch of cheats if true.... and as if they friggin need to against us.

I mean that’s all that was sent to me, I suppose it could be a fake somehow but I don’t see the point lol

Attachments

• 5CCC0F05-C584-4218-B4A0-06BC9CD07635.jpeg
    5CCC0F05-C584-4218-B4A0-06BC9CD07635.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 58

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Meh, if the practice is open to them, then I have no issues..

With all the video around from games, I don't think it really matters.

Some people will make this into a huge thing, but to me its nothing.

Reactions: Beville

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Meh, if the practice is open to them, then I have no issues..

With all the video around from games, I don't think it really matters.

Some people will make this into a huge thing, but to me its nothing.

If true, and considering they are a New England team and the accusation I'm skeptical, this doesn't look good at all on the League.

You don't want teams spying on eachother, it isn't a good look.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
If true, and considering they are a New England team and the accusation I'm skeptical, this doesn't look good at all on the League.

You don't want teams spying on eachother, it isn't a good look.

My point is, it doesn't matter. They will get that info if they want it. Just follow twitter and you can see plenty of clips and comments on what is going on at practice. If you don't want people at your practice close it off to everyone.

There are really no big secrets in hockey in terms of deployments and things like that, it's not like Football at all, so the comparison doesn't work.

If you allow people into your practice who cares if they film it? They are watching it anyway.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My point is, it doesn't matter. They will get that info if they want it. Just follow twitter and you can see plenty of clips and comments on what is going on at practice. If you don't want people at your practice close it off to everyone.

There are really no big secrets in hockey in terms of deployments and things like that, it's not like Football at all, so the comparison doesn't work.

If you allow people into your practice who cares if they film it? They are watching it anyway.

The practices meant to be open to the public, not the opposing team. It very well could matter, the Sens might have a specific gameplan with dealing with the injured Bruins, if Boston knows this ahead of time by virtue of watching the other team practice it gives them a considerable edge.

I don't think it makes or breaks a game but it doesn't look good when you have opposing teams going to practices that are meant to be open to the public. At the end of the day, it is poor form for a team to film their opposition's practice, not because it can turn a loss into a win but because practices are open to the public, another team showing up to film is abusing that fact.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Boro Harpur would worry me a lot more than Boro Ceci.

But I think Ceci is decent so I'm in a small minority.
I think if Ceci doesn't have to carry as many minutes he can be effective.
A lot of it is who you are partnered with. I think everyone has difficulty being with Boro.
He really wants to be the hero every game.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
The practices meant to be open to the public, not the opposing team. It very well could matter, the Sens might have a specific gameplan with dealing with the injured Bruins, if Boston knows this ahead of time by virtue of watching the other team practice it gives them a considerable edge.

I don't think it makes or breaks a game but it doesn't look good when you have opposing teams going to practices that are meant to be open to the public. At the end of the day, it is poor form for a team to film their opposition's practice, not because it can turn a loss into a win but because practices are open to the public, another team showing up to film is abusing that fact.

Well I'd consider the opposing team part of the public.

I don't know why they would do it, considering they can find the info fairly easily, but I don't really care if they do or not.

They would decipher it in the first 5 minutes of the game anyway.

Reactions: topshelf15

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well I'd consider the opposing team part of the public.

I don't know why they would do it, considering they can find the info fairly easily, but I don't really care if they do or not.

They would decipher it in the first 5 minutes of the game anyway.

Well the reason the practices are open is for the general public to attend. Yes the opposing team is, technically, part of the general public but I think we can both agree that that is stretching things, no one said "let's have practices open so the opposition can come watch too!".

A lot can happen in 5 minutes of play ;)

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Their D is banged up, this makes sense.
Play one forward and 4 defenders all of whom just take up every square inch of net ...Then lose in shootout ...Brillant we gain a point from a tough team

Here's how the forward lines looked at today's skate...
Boedker - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Tierney - Stone
Formenton - Carey - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt

And here's a look at the projected defence pairings against Boston...
Chabot - DeMelo
Borowiecki - Wideman
Lajoie - Jaros

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Bruins

Reactions: topshelf15

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Here's how the forward lines looked at today's skate...
Boedker - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Tierney - Stone
Formenton - Carey - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt

And here's a look at the projected defence pairings against Boston...
Chabot - DeMelo
Borowiecki - Wideman
Lajoie - Jaros

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Bruins

So bloody happy to see White getting a chance..

What a bonus he will be for us if he can play anything like he was against Montreal.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Play one forward and 4 defenders all of whom just take up every square inch of net ...Then lose in shootout ...Brillant we gain a point from a tough team

How long do you think those 4 d will stay there with chara having all the time in the world to line up a slapshot?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is your classic depth versus top end talent. Ottawa has solid depth right now.

I wanted to see where they were t versus Montreal, now I have more questions about how good they are. Can they be in the division top 3 or is this a wild card team?

Ottawa wins this one 4-2 with an empty net goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad