Boston Bruins BRUINS ANNOUNCE JULY 1 TRANSACTIONS - NESN special at 7:30 PM

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Still way too early to project BUT the Bruins should still be a Top 3 team in the Atlantic and avoid the wild card bubble scrum.

The Atlantic is going to be a brutal division as Buffalo and Detroit are trending upward and Ottawa and Montreal will be better which means cue @smithformeragent - points will not come easy in division games. There are no longer any bottom feeders.

Sweeney has a mandate from ownership that a rebuild is not an option.
Boy the wings look bad. I don’t see them pushing for a spot but one of Buffalo or the Sens, maybe both could jump right in the fight. I agree though that they still will be right there with the Leafs Bolts and I just can’t count the Panthers out.
Should be interesting. imo the Bruins could easily miss the playoffs as make it. Key is to finish in the top 3 because the Metro is pretty deep and it’ll be a dog fight for those wild card spots

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Boy the wings look bad. I don’t see them pushing for a spot but one of Buffalo or the Sens, maybe both could jump right in the fight. I agree though that they still will be right there with the Leafs Bolts and I just can’t count the Panthers out.
Should be interesting. imo the Bruins could easily miss the playoffs as make it. Key is to finish in the top 3 because the Metro is pretty deep and it’ll be a dog fight for those wild card spots
Last wild card spot is fine,it’s not like home ice advantage is even a thing for the Bruins in the Playoffs.

Reactions: Wirelessbits

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If Bergeron returns,other than Krejci and Hall ,and Clifton who else are they missing that was with the team for most of the season,while they had the best record in the League?
Why will a 38 year old HOF player risk his post retirement health to play with this group? Its a lot closer to wishful thinking than reality that Bergeron is coming back to save the day given he has a herniated disc.

Its far more likely they are losing Bergeron, Krejci,Hall, Bertuzzi and Clifton. That's
4 of your top 7 forwards gone. Good luck thinking 34 yr old JVR and 35 year old
Lucic are plugging those holes.

Should have bought out Reilly and traded #48 before dumping Hall.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They also are the oldest slowest team in the league (by a wide margin).

It's a 1 year bandaid and borderline playoff team "if" Bergeron returns.

All we can hope for is one or more of the '5' 2024 UFAs have a great season so they can be leveraged trade deadline.

The only other hope is for the younger bruin prospects to make an impact. We shall see.

BTW the bruins went for it last season...They did everything right. The playoff injuries were too much to overcome. I'm okay with a crappy season.
Playoff injuries? ... Bruins got basically got pushed around from games 5-7. Most of the series.

Little to no net presence. PP sucked.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We were going nuts over home ice sinking them against the Canes just one year ago.
Well that was a rarity,because this Bruins team has sucked at home in the playoffs for a long time other than 2011 .And have little doubt they would have lost the game 7 in Boston against the Canes also.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They added three guys who will be 34, 34 and 35 when the season starts. Can't believe people are buying this stuff.
Lucic, JVR and Shattenkirk... Each cost 1 year/1m... to help with vet leadership

They should be on the 4th line/3rd pairing. JVR value is mainly on the PP

Geekie, Brown are sneaky good signings. Adds size and solid on the FO dot. I predict Geekie will hit 40 points next season with an expanded role/player progression. Nice to read of his noticeable transition from 2021-2022 to last season. Quicker and stronger.

Last edited:
Reactions: YukonCornelius

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins outscored Florida 11-5 on the power play.

Sure you're talking about 2023 playoffs?
Yeah you’re right,power play was mostly the only way they could score,that’s why I knew they were dead once Florida tied it in game 7 ,because they weren’t getting a power play in the OT.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I have read a lot of negativity here about who has been signed by DS. Personally I think he has done well considering the position he is in (no long commitments) . Every Player he has signed is a gamble . After going for it last year in a tough position this year. I am happy he went all in last year you know this is what you are facing if it dos not work. Personally I hope he moves a contract or two for Drafts picks or younger players. time to reduce the age of the rooster a bit. . needs to move at least one of Forbert or Gryz

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lucic. Now everyone in this league can't just whack our players to balls and hit our goalies without answer. FINALLY.
IMO neanderthal opinion, still not enough muscle on defense. Really tired of watching our d-men NOT clearing the crease and our goalies (Ullmark) having to attempt to take justice into his own hands. I don't hate the necessary moves that Sweeney made, especially since he doesn't know if his 2 top C's are coming back. I'm an old softy and love having Looch back, I hope that we can understand that it's not 2010 Lucic, and that he's a role player and not here to score 25 goals. I hope he has enough left in the tank to contribute any way that he can.
Maybe with the way a few of the new guys play, goalies on the other end will start to feel the heat a little more.
Hopefully our PP will come back from the dead with what's been said on a couple of the additions. Not sure if Shattenkirk has an actual slapshot from the point but if he does, that'll be refreshing to see.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have read a lot of negativity here about who has been signed by DS. Personally I think he has done well considering the position he is in (no long commitments) . Every Player he has signed is a gamble . After going for it last year in a tough position this year. I am happy he went all in last year you know this is what you are facing if it dos not work. Personally I hope he moves a contract or two for Drafts picks or younger players. time to reduce the age of the rooster a bit. . needs to move at least one of Forbert or Gryz
with you there, with the cap space he had, this team wasn`t going to get a top tier UFA, hell, would have been pressed to get the 2nd level UFA so it was going to be players that can still play a bit but are past their prime and some pluggers. I do however, really like that Geekie signing, sneaky good

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
IMO neanderthal opinion, still not enough muscle on defense. Really tired of watching our d-men NOT clearing the crease and our goalies (Ullmark) having to attempt to take justice into his own hands. I don't hate the necessary moves that Sweeney made, especially since he doesn't know if his 2 top C's are coming back. I'm an old softy and love having Looch back, I hope that we can understand that it's not 2010 Lucic, and that he's a role player and not here to score 25 goals. I hope he has enough left in the tank to contribute any way that he can.
Maybe with the way a few of the new guys play, goalies on the other end will start to feel the heat a little more.
Hopefully our PP will come back from the dead with what's been said on a couple of the additions. Not sure if Shattenkirk has an actual slapshot from the point but if he does, that'll be refreshing to see.
If you have guys willing to go to the front of the net, D-men just have to get shots through. Let the forwards creating netfront chaos do the rest.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wonder if this team can operate like the Kraken did last year and try to spread the lines out more evenly so that you can count on 3 lines to contribute the offense, the 4th line can be more of a banger line. Something like:

Marchand-Coyle-xxxxx
Xxxxx-Zacha-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Frederic-xxxxx
Lucic-Geekie-xxxxx

Fill in the blanks with JVR, Lauko, and whoever else earns their way into a spot.

I see the Kraken as an 100 point team last year and think that there's no way the Bs aren't better than them on paper.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
At worst Boston is a 2nd wild card, i have them 3rd in division

NJ and Carolina are kings of the East. Likely one of them in the conference finals

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Why do many people here think that bergy and dk arent coming? Donny would never leave the center holes like this especially first day of free agency. He would have snagged duchene right before the clock started if he knew for sure both were gone. I'm more confident now one or both are back. Not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad