Boston Bruins BRUINS ANNOUNCE JULY 1 TRANSACTIONS - NESN special at 7:30 PM

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
So much hinges on Bertuzzi signing for either drinking for two different reasons.
Either:hockey:
Or:mad::(:rolleyes::oops:
I can’t use Twitter or I’d post it cause of these new rules but ty Anderson talked to Don today and said Bertuzzi is gone we are no longer talking to him and we wish him and his family the best

IMG_0479.png

Sounds like Don really likes Patrick brown

Talks about how great he is on PK and Faceoffs seems like he may be the Nosek replacement

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
Watching this special for a few minutes …just reiterating how disappointing last year was as the panelists are going through how stacked we were and how all these guys are now leaving in free agency. God what a choke, I’ve seen some chokes in Boston sports history but this was up there at the top for me

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s like… what the f*** did people THINK this was going to look like?

They made their bed last off season with the bonus laden contracts.

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Had they won the thing, it would have definitely all been worth it.

In hindsight, it probably was still worth a shot given they weren’t going to blow the thing up and start the rebuild.

But alas, this is where we are at now.
Us and the rest of the also-rans.

The return of the Lunatic Fringe.

We’ll all be watching.
It’s what we do.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I’d imagine it was one of the goalie trades that didn’t happen.
If that's the case then JFresh and Heatdaddy have an odd definition of franchise-altering. I would go see what they are saying but my daily allotment of reading Tweets has been reached for the day.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If that's the case then JFresh and Heatdaddy have an odd definition of franchise-altering. I would go see what they are saying but my daily allotment of reading Tweets has been reached for the day.
They where just trolling heatdaddy after that viral tweet said that the player the bruins where going after to change there franchise where Kyle RIttenhosue and Casey Anthony

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I mean it’s so easy to throw stuff out there and if it happens say “See? I was right.” And if it doesn’t, oh well, something fell through.

It’s a different age when it comes to reporting stuff.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I mean it’s so easy to throw stuff out there and if it happens say “See? I was right.” And if it doesn’t, oh well, something fell through.

It’s a different age when it comes to reporting stuff.
For sure. I was poking fun at them more than anything. Throw Buccigross in there as well since he added a little fuel to that fire.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think the Bruins did the only thing they could do given the situation. Sign a bunch of low cost short term contracts. Whoever doesn't pan out ( and there will be many) gets buried. Not my money, I see no harm.
That's my take as well. Taylor Hall was one of the best Bruins in the playoffs. Was a great soldier this season who did his job without complaining. Despite that DS basically gave him to Chicago as a salary dump out of necessity. It shows what a pickle the Bs were in cap-wise when they had to lose a player of Hall's quality in order to make sure they could field a roster while keeping enough pieces to hopefully remain competitive. Not sure if some fans understand that there is a cap and that GMs can't just press magic buttons that automatically sign players they like and make trades whenever they want. From what I can tell management is aiming to tread water this coming season while looking to do more serious building next summer when they have better options.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I can’t use Twitter or I’d post it cause of these new rules but ty Anderson talked to Don today and said Bertuzzi is gone we are no longer talking to him and we wish him and his family the best

View attachment 725114

Sounds like Don really likes Patrick brown

Talks about how great he is on PK and Faceoffs seems like he may be the Nosek replacement
Oh boy!
I'm not enjoying how things are shaping up:mad:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Looch and Reaves will be seeing a lot of each other next year.

View attachment 725082

But not enough unfortunately. We see them what 4 times? Glad we get to see teams like the Coyotes, Ducks, and Wild instead of more rivalry matches with the Leafs and Habs

Which one of these was the franchise-altering one we've been hearing will happen?

Tyler Wootherspoon will score the GWG for the Maine Mariners and send Portland Maine into pure anarchy

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That's my take as well. Taylor Hall was one of the best Bruins in the playoffs. Was a great soldier this season who did his job without complaining. Despite that DS basically gave him to Chicago as a salary dump out of necessity. It shows what a pickle the Bs were in cap-wise when they had to lose a player of Hall's quality in order to make sure they could field a roster while keeping enough pieces to hopefully remain competitive. Not sure if some fans understand that there is a cap and that GMs can't just press magic buttons that automatically sign players they like and make trades whenever they want. From what I can tell management is aiming to tread water this coming season while looking to do more serious building next summer when they have better options.

Another thing I don't think some fans fully understand is that we're not done yet . As per Capfriendly we have 20/23 players signed. That leaves Swayman, Tfred and Lauko who still need to be signed with the 6.2M and change we have left. Not sure that will be enough. Also it would be nothing short of a miracle or debacle if all the players Capfriendly is counting on the cap pan out and are actually on the roster on opening day. I mean Megna has been in the league 10 years and has played 200 games , that's 20 per season. Is that number gonna miraculously change? Is he gonna play 82 games next season , don't count on it. More stuff is gonna happen, it just has to.

Love the avatar , you beat my lazy ass too it.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Another thing I don't think some fans fully understand is that we're not done yet . As per Capfriendly we have 20/23 players signed. That leaves Swayman, Tfred and Lauko who still need to be signed with the 6.2M and change we have left. Not sure that will be enough. Also it would be nothing short of a miracle or debacle if all the players Capfriendly is counting on the cap pan out and are actually on the roster on opening day. I mean Menga has been in the league 10 years and has played 200 games , that's 20 per season. Is that number gonna miraculously change? Is he gonna play 82 games next season , don't count on it. More stuff is gonna happen, it just has to.

Love the avatar , you beat my lazy ass too it.

Who's Menga?

Reactions: bruins19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad