Boston Bruins BRUINS ANNOUNCE JULY 1 TRANSACTIONS - NESN special at 7:30 PM

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This isn’t wrong we may not like it or agree with it
Don Sweeney and the Bruins are attempting to play chess not checkers. These short term bargain signings are a way to control the bleeding. Keep vets like McAvoy and Pasta happy this year while giving young players a chance to develop. The short contracts will give Boston around 30 mil in cap space next season with an elite UFA class. It could be a
very smart long term move.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If you'd actually use your energy for thinking rather than contradicting people you'd be all set . I promise you , you would figure it out.

I looked up the name you put out there. No match.

Does it really take that much energy to spell a 5-letter name correctly?

I didn't contradict your post, did I? Simply wanted to know who the f*** you were talking about.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Don Sweeney and the Bruins are attempting to play chess not checkers. These short term bargain signings are a way to control the bleeding. Keep vets like McAvoy and Pasta happy this year while giving young players a chance to develop. The short contracts will give Boston around 30 mil in cap space next season with an elite UFA class. It could be a
Mods can delete if this is elsewhere, but Bert signed a 1 year, 5.5M deal with Toronto. The article seems to indicate that the market was harder than he thought, and then, when he tried to come back to Boston, they had already moved on and spent the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinfanatic

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mods can delete if this is elsewhere, but Bert signed a 1 year 5.5M deal with Toronto. The article seems to indicate that the market was harder than he thought, and then, when he tried to come back to Boston, they had already moved on and spent the money.
they called Tyler Todd’s son. ESPN keeping their brutal hockey reporting reputation alive and well.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Why do many people here think that bergy and dk arent coming? Donny would never leave the center holes like this especially first day of free agency. He would have snagged duchene right before the clock started if he knew for sure both were gone. I'm more confident now one or both are back. Not worried.

While I disagree about Duchene I find that a bit curious too. You would think they'd have at least signed another vet center to try and plug the holes there. Seems a bit odd.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I still think we will be a very good team next season.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I mean it’s so easy to throw stuff out there and if it happens say “See? I was right.” And if it doesn’t, oh well, something fell through.

It’s a different age when it comes to reporting stuff.
This is unfortunately so true. No accountability anymore. Being factual is less important than being loud, being first or being patient.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Always liked Geekie and I feel like he will score some important goals when nobody expects it.
Yup me too

I was out at family lunch at noon Saturday and the legend @LouJersey texted me about this and he was equally happy

He should be no worse then a really good bottom 6

He’s a guy that really should score 20 goals he’s got skills

Hoping for a Vegas like player awakening here

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yup me too

I was out at family lunch at noon Saturday and the legend @LouJersey texted me about this and he was equally happy

He should be no worse then a really good bottom 6

He’s a guy that really should score 20 goals he’s got skills

Hoping for a Vegas like player awakening here
Legend in my own mind I really like him. Surprises he signed for so cheap. Hoping they stay the course and have 30 million next year to play with.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Legend in my own mind I really like him. Surprises he signed for so cheap. Hoping they stay the course and have 30 million next year to play with.
Yup Eric says same

Wheras Carolina better win because of their top 6 F two (Aho & Terovainen are UFA ) and two (Jarvis & Necas sre RFA)
Pesce & Skjei UFA

I hate that team more then Toronto so hopefully they lose and are gutted

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yup Eric says same

Wheras Carolina better win because of their top 6 F two (Aho & Terovainen are UFA ) and two (Jarvis & Necas sre RFA)
Pesce & Skjei UFA

I agree.. I have always seen Carolina as the main threat. Toronto not so much. I think we all wanted to go all in, and knew this season was going to be rough. To me, to be able to keep the Jennings winning tandem together and your top 5 defensemen off a record breaking regular season is pretty amazing. I'll be worried about scoring when I see it's an issue.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yup Eric says same

Pesce & Skjei UFA

Really?

Why is that?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dude Bergeron, Krejci, Lindhom, McAvoy, Ullmark, others were seriously injured. It killed them. Really sucks and shit luck.

It’s been multiple years of a large contingent of key players being injured or playing through injuries. Same story for half a decade, yet they just keep trotting out the same guys and just chalk it up as “bad luck”

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
And spend it on….

Who you all like, assuming current teams don’t resign these guys:

Nylander
The Elias’s:
-Petterson
-Lindholm
Aho
Others?
Terovainen?

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I still think we will be a very good team next season.
depends on who are goalies are.
the ullmark/swayman REGULAR season goalies were just crazy good last season.
they won us alot of games last season. in the regular season.
Ullmark was pretty much flawless from game 1 to game 82

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad