Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Mike Reilly from Ottawa Senators in exchange for 2022 3rd-round pick

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Maybe this is Sweeney finally helping Cassidy.

When healthy, you don't need to play the kids

I think they gave up on Zboril. He can't get a shot on net to save his life and doesn't seem to do anything that well.

He started off pretty well and maybe if he gets back with Miller it will work but it's now Plan B. Plus he sure looked banged up tonight

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Did you anticipate the 2022 3rd round pick to help this year?

Maybe the poster is actually from the future and is confused what year it is.

upload_2021-4-11_23-15-17.gif

Reactions: Dr Hook and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There are just some bizzaro world takes going on.
It so reminds me of the night we got Kelly from Ottawa. After a game (tho I think we won that game) and no one here had a clue who he was for the most part, including myself. The takes were pretty hot here especially when they said it was for a 2nd rounder while Ottawa was pretty sad.

Going to go with his stats and small video sample show he's a solid upgrade and that I can't wait to see what he does when he plays.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is my thinking, as well.

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Reilly-Miller

Much more solid unit. Also shows that management isn't ready to throw in the towel. Hopefully there are some bigger moves tonight/tomorrow.
I’d rather Lauzon on the 3rd pair . I don’t know nothing about Reilly but can he play 2nd pair with Carlo ?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hey I'm an asshole. I beat on Sweeney pretty hard over the years.

But this is where the doom-and-gloom crowd totally loses me.

No one is saying Reilly is good enough by himself. No one is claiming that he's a cinch on the top pair. He's a depth add that we needed. And a good one.

But "holy f*** a THIRD two drafts from now?? Why don't you just punch out my teeth and shit down my throat??!" This is INSANE overreaction. Sweeney needs to be fired FOR THIS TRADE?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Well the NYI just picked up the other Ottawa defence man for a 7th
round conditional pick announced after ours.

Hmm..Ottawa was keeping it hush hush..a conditional flipping seventh!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hey I'm an asshole. I beat on Sweeney pretty hard over the years.

But this is where the doom-and-gloom crowd totally loses me.

No one is saying Reilly is good enough by himself. No one is claiming that he's a cinch on the top pair. He's a depth add that we needed. And a good one.

But "holy f*** a THIRD two drafts from now?? Why don't you just punch out my teeth and shit down my throat??!" This is INSANE overreaction. Sweeney needs to be fired FOR THIS TRADE?

Plenty of other reasons to fire him. This isn’t one. I want him gone as I’m not a fan anymore but as long as he’s here, I want Boston to win. We’ll see what else he does. It’s a small piece that can’t be it but it’s a good start.

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
To be honest, the Bruins have easy thing to fix. Need at home protect goalie. When they don’t have that they get stuck in their end. So...

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Well the NYI just picked up the other Ottawa defence man for a 7th
round conditional pick announced after ours.

Hmm..Ottawa was keeping it hush hush..a conditional flipping seventh!
You are aware that Coburn’s career is essentially over right? He was on their taxi squad. Reilly was an everyday player who produced.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you did literally no research

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
I think their staff did well recruiting goalies and forwards. I don’t think they have done well recruiting solid defensive defensemen. It seems they recruit offensive d men. And we lack a backbone because of it. So. As such, the recruiter of defensive d men should take blame, or the d development guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad