Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Mike Reilly from Ottawa Senators in exchange for 2022 3rd-round pick

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Awesome deal! This is the guy I wanted for the left side.

He's been playing top four minutes in Ottawa and doing very well. He's been steadily getting better and better every year and is now in his prime. Bit of a late bloomer maybe. Put him next to Carlo, keep Grzcelyk and McAvoy together. I think he'll be very good for us.

Now shore up the forwards.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Main thing for me is that DS did not give up a high pick. Who cares about a 3rd rounder when DS would draft someone projected to go in the 5th round with it anyway. Not much risked here, and it makes sense for the Bs. Keep that 1st round pick unless it's for someone who will be with the Bs for multiple years and actually have an impact. Given the issues with the Bs D health this season, as well as the lack of good puck movers on D, this trade makes pretty good sense.

Reactions: mikelvl

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Statistically, he's been a beast this year. Which is really saying something since he's been playing for a shitty team. But his advanced stats are also completely out of whack with the rest of his career, and those career numbers mean a hell of a lot more.

But even then, seems like a good trade on the surface. We're talking about a third round pick. Who cares if it "should have been a fourth" or whatever.

The Bruins will in a few years with the aging core's decline. It should have been a 5th. We are desperate as fans and the rejoicing at this one shows it. If Rielly is a top 6 defenseman in the playoffs this team is done.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Yeah a 3rd is basically nothing I don’t even know why I even pointed that out.

Not sure why reading this made me think of this:
upload_2021-4-11_22-54-37.png

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The Bruins will in a few years with the aging core's decline. It should have been a 5th. We are desperate as fans and the rejoicing at this one shows it. If Rielly is a top 6 defenseman in the playoffs this team is done.

What are the odds a third round pick becomes an NHL regular? I'm not saying you throw those picks away. More darts, more chance to hit a bullseye. But if the franchise's fortunes depend on a third round pick? LOL.

Reactions: FONZIE

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
What are the odds a third round pick becomes an NHL regular? I'm not saying you throw those picks away. More darts, more chance to hit a bullseye. But if the franchise's fortunes depend on a third round pick? LOL.

Unfortunately this is where I expect the Bruins to be in a few seasons. This team needs those darts. 3rd round pick will likely play fewer games than Rielly will for the Bruins, but Rielly is our #6-7 when the defense is healthy again.

Fans need to remember he played in the North division where only offense is played. His career speaks for itself. Journeyman depth defenseman. Sweeney is desperate. I am worried about tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad