Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Michael DiPietro and Jonathan Myrenberg From Canucks for Jack Studnicka

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Keep in mind that DS might have another trade in mind as well to bring in a C for depth. I don't think he trades Studnicka without having a plan for something else if the need arises.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
They’ll likely try. But color me skeptical on that too.
Devil's fans warned us that he's not good there. Guess we are about to find out.

Keep in mind that DS might have another trade in mind as well to bring in a C for depth. I don't think he trades Studnicka without having a plan for something else if the need arises.
Bruins also need to shed salary.

So I think there's definitely moves down the road.

I see another versatile forward pick up at the cost of Mike Reilly + picks?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Been saying it for two plus years, others also disagree and are incredulous, but he was a center in college and did play some center for the Preds. He was weak on faceoffs though.
Also doesn’t have good hands and isn’t a strong passer nor a plus defender. But sure why not.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Beginning of the summer I was really hoping Studnicka would get a long string of games with the Bs. Everything changed once Bergy and Krech came back. Throw in that Studnicka was not all that impressive in camp. Not that he was bad, but he simply was not among the 4 best centers on the team.

I am perfectly fine with the trade. Sometimes a player is not a good fit with a team. Seems to be the case here. Bs are in a go for it year with talent on the roster better than what Studnicka has offered. I think Studnicka has the talent to be a NHL regular if he gets games to develop. He's at the age that it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Hoping that he works out in Vancouver. I don't know how he feels about the trade, but I think that the Bs did him a favor big time by trading him.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
I hate all of you for 2011, but:

- DiPietro is a reaction goalie that would've been good in the 80s. He's easy to root for but the odds are stacked against him.
- Myrenberg is exactly as those scouting reports describe. I don't really think much of him because I don't like to get excited about prospects, but he's done nothing to hurt his status as a prospect.

Ok, get bent. Bye!

edit: also i hate all of you for making our dumbass owner think jim benning was some sort of genius
at least he didn't say "I come in peace" i dunno, that just annoy's me when other team fans go into another team board and say that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I do find it funny that after hiring Montgomery who was going to be "good with the young guys" the bruins

Send down McLaughlin
Waive Steen
Trade Studnicka
Scratch Greer

Meanwhile Foligno and Forbort are excelling, Nosek is a staple. Not saying it's the wrong route (they're 7-1) just funny how things turned out after the criticisms Bruce received.
Bruce is a good coach but they being the players had enough of him is what it sounds like based on material I read from different sources.True or not I wish him well with Vegas,& would welcome that Cup final matchup

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
cap
roster space
waiver eligibility
and GM sets the roster and then coach utlizes it.
that never changes IMO.
Agreed, the GM sets the roster, but that roster always featured Studnicka from pre-season to tonight.

Every night we've seen Nosek at 4C. Monty did not see Stud as capable of that role, despite showing great two-way talent in Providence.

Again, not necessarily the wrong decision. And I like the dman they got in return. Just thought Studnicka might be the first story of Monty turning a player around.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sweeney just spoke very highly of Studnicka. Just didnt work out. Couldnt get traction. So great kid . Wish him all the best in Vancouver.
man I'd love to hear Sweeney’s candid thoughts on how much he thinks this falls on Cassidy.

really feels like him being on such a short leash after a very good camp last year did irreparable harm to his confidence

Reactions: BMC and bme44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad