Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Michael DiPietro and Jonathan Myrenberg From Canucks for Jack Studnicka

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You know I think Sweeney has done a terrible job, but this has the feel of a something for nothing deal to me.
Studnicka will be fine as a bottom six forward for his career. Not for Boston but turning that into a random goalie and recent 5th round pick... is questionable.

Sweeney's handling of that Providence defenseman prospect, Vladar, and this just do not scream strong asset management.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Remember when Studs was our one shining hope at center? I remember.

But honestly he hasn't shown jack shit at the NHL level so I'm not upset to see him go really. Wish for the best for him but if I had to predict he'll be in Europe within 2 years.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I hate all of you for 2011, but:

- DiPietro is a reaction goalie that would've been good in the 80s. He's easy to root for but the odds are stacked against him.
- Myrenberg is exactly as those scouting reports describe. I don't really think much of him because I don't like to get excited about prospects, but he's done nothing to hurt his status as a prospect.

Ok, get bent. Bye!

edit: also i hate all of you for making our dumbass owner think jim benning was some sort of genius

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Seems like a pretty even trade to me

Big, right-shot defencemen who can skate are unicorns in today’s NHL.

That’s part of the reason why Jonathan Myrenberg has rocketed up our list. He’s arguably the best right-shot D-man in the pipeline, at least according to our rankings. Myrenberg finished ahead of both Jett Woo and Viktor Persson in our Top 25.

He’s certainly come a long way since being selected in the fifth round last summer.
I wouldve rather jett woo. That guy is a born nhl superstar

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I do find it funny that after hiring Montgomery who was going to be "good with the young guys" the bruins

Send down McLaughlin
Waive Steen
Trade Studnicka
Scratch Greer

Meanwhile Foligno and Forbort are excelling, Nosek is a staple. Not saying it's the wrong route (they're 7-1) just funny how things turned out after the criticisms Bruce received.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I like this move. Myrenberg is interesting and Studnicka was trending toward an AHL lifer the way he was being handled here. No room for him, and adding more righty defenders to the system is good.

Nucks fans seem disappointed to lose him.

Their message to get younger and infuse youth with Monty continues to be false, but whatever they lied oh well.

I have nothing on DiPietro, Bruins have plenty of goalies already. Wonder if he gets loaned.

Reactions: Kegs

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
still not enough $.
but does open a roster spot for him or some other flexibility.
Not enough, but moves their cap situation in the right direction. And Studnika appears to be on a short leash already with Montgomery. B's clear some space and get a RHD with some potential, for a player who didn't seem to have a place here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad