Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I’ve got an infection on my foot from my skate. It was rubbing on my foot and it turned into cellulitis and the next thing you know I was in the hospital for a couple days, and on the shelf,” said Miller, just a couple of minutes into the podcast interview. “Eventually I’m just going to buy a lotto ticket because things are going to turn, and it won’t be an issue anymore. But I’m healthy now and ready to play, thankfully.”

Boston Bruins’ Miller’s Latest Injury A Foot Infection

I thought he had injured one or both of his hands when he thrashed Thompson.

It's been a long strange trip for Killer that's for sure :nod:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought he had injured one or both of his hands when he thrashed Thompson.

It's been a long strange trip for Killer that's for sure :nod:

You and me both, or tweaked his surgically repaired shoulder or something. The poor guy can't catch an injury break, and never really has caught one his whole career.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
If Kase can get into a few game that will give us another player for these playoffs

I just don't know where he fits in right now. Does he take Jake's place? Jake has been playing good so far with Coyle. Does he take Wagner's spot? Chris has been better recently too. What about Frederic?
I'm kinda torn, because I want him to get some reps in before the playoffs - but at the same time this team as it stands right now is the best we've seen this year so I'm not sure injecting someone into the lineup is a good idea.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I just don't know where he fits in right now. Does he take Jake's place? Jake has been playing good so far with Coyle. Does he take Wagner's spot? Chris has been better recently too. What about Frederic?
I'm kinda torn, because I want him to get some reps in before the playoffs - but at the same time this team as it stands right now is the best we've seen this year so I'm not sure injecting someone into the lineup is a good idea.

He replaces either Debrusk or Ritchie dependent on how the bruins want to play opponent. Debrusk and Kase are more versatile both able to play PK and PP.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
He replaces either Debrusk or Ritchie dependent on how the bruins want to play opponent. Debrusk and Kase are more versatile both able to play PK and PP.

If I was to venture a guess on who would come out of the line up Kuraly or Wagner . Unfortunately injuries happen so having Kase available is simply a plus

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If I was to venture a guess on who would come out of the line up Kuraly or Wagner . Unfortunately injuries happen so having Kase available is simply a plus

Agreed...at this point doesn't matter who he replaces. He needs to get back into game shape. Bottom 6 makes the most sense or the bruins rest some top 6 players.

Reactions: bme44

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
He takes Ritchie’s spot imo. Jake switches back to LW.

Reactions: Ratty and Blowfish

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins No. 1 center Patrice Bergeron sidelined with lower-body injury - The Boston Globe

BUFFALO — No. 1 center Patrice Bergeron, No. 2 on the Bruins scoring list through 45 games, was a surprise last-minute scratch prior to the Black-and-Gold facing off Friday night vs. the Sabres.
According to the Bruins, Bergeron was sidelined due to a lower-body injury.
Coach Bruce Cassidy made no mention in his late-morning zoom presser that Bergeron might be sidelined. However, Cassidy made note late Thursday night, following a 5-1 win over the Sabres, that Bergeron had been hindered during the game by a blocked shot.
Cassidy also said during his late-morning presser on Friday that a few of his players were slow to get going in Thursday’s game because they were still feeling the effects of getting their COVID-19 vaccinations here following Tuesday night’s 2-0 win over the Sabres.

Camille the Eel

Hopefully they are just resting Bergeron, having built up a good cushion of a lead. If it’s a blocked shot then a bruise, a ding, nothing more. He is irreplaceable. In my view the single irreplaceable guy, giving all due respect to Marchand, Pasta and the others. Maybe Rask is irreplaceable too but without Bergeron we decline in quality so markedly it’s shocking.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Whats going on with Freddy? Blidh getting in over him is a crime.

He was out sick so who knows what it was (except that it wasn't Covid). Seems to me he probably hasn't fully regained his strength/stamina just yet. If he had a flu or something draining like that (a bad stomach bug maybe) it could take him a while to get back to full fitness.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He was out sick so who knows what it was (except that it wasn't Covid). Seems to me he probably hasn't fully regained his strength/stamina just yet. If he had a flu or something draining like that (a bad stomach bug maybe) it could take him a while to get back to full fitness.
Hey, Dr Hook. Its me again sire. I would like to just ask if you know/or think or does you have an estimation if Patrice Bergeron will play tomorrow no?
I feel that the bruins really need him against the penguins. Its a pretty important game too. One of mi favourite players for life from other teams sire. So yeah, I'm just asking.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hey, Dr Hook. Its me again sire. I would like to just ask if you know/or think or does you have an estimation if Patrice Bergeron will play tomorrow no?
I feel that the bruins really need him against the penguins. Its a pretty important game too. One of mi favourite players for life from other teams sire. So yeah, I'm just asking.

No idea- he was "day to day" according to Cassidy but he added an "until he isn't" so who knows what that means? Bruce-ism? Allusion to something potentially more serious?

Reactions: inactive user

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
No idea- he was "day to day" according to Cassidy but he added an "until he isn't" so who knows what that means? Bruce-ism? Allusion to something potentially more serious?
Ok sire. And thank you Dr Hook. You was always right when I is asking, so I asked again. Lets see what happens and what it really means. This is the information what we'll be proceeding and advancing. I'm thinking: He gon play tonight, cause the its the crosby and his penguins. The Bruins finna win too. Hard sire.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
So Carlo is only injury remaining??
He is key for the playoffs.
Allows us to go with Mcavoy-Carlo-Miller on the Right side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad