GDT: Bruins (2) at Leafs (0). You have got to Win. Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Riellywas on the ice but I think @SprDaVE means the front of the net that was supposed to be cleared was not Rielly's assignment at the time of the goal. There was a dfd trying to do that job at the time of the goal.
That was my take on what's being said

Yes.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You know what gets the crowd fired up?

Playing well. Creating chances. Scoring goals.

Not Matt Martin sitting on the bench for 54 minutes of a 60 minute game.

The 4th line has been abused this series. Putting a plug on it isnt going to help

Leaf fans want Matthews to get more minutes but they don't want to ice a 4th liner for "only" 6 minutes. Classic.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Everyone gets a minus ...

Rielly needs to be playing with someone who is better. Rielly needs the help, and he isn't getting it with Hainsey.

I wasn't talking +/- and it's a very bad stat to die on.

Rielly definitely needs to stop playing with half broken defenseman but Babcock has his blind spots and Hainsey is one of them.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I know this wont make the spreadsheet people happy but i would be putting Martin in for game 3.

I have played enough high level hockey or been semi involved in high level hockey to know that playing a guy like Martin allows all the Leaf skill guys to play a little taller and tougher. They know there is a guy who will run their stars and create room for them

As much as the advance sweatheart crowd will decry this notion it is as old as hockey itslef. I bet Gretz and Kurri never said hey lets sit Semenko cause his corsi or fenwick is bad. Hell no play him cause i am not worried about getting run.

Marner is getting creamed this series yet there is no phyical response on the Bruins stars. Hey maybe time to run Pasternak into the boards with some heavy hockey and dont let him walk around our zones like a beer league no contact hockey.

Even crazier i would start Martin with Matthews and Marner. Let him create some space for those guys early on. Maybe Boston thinks twice about running Marner with Martin on the ice. Might create enough space to score or at least give those guys some confidence

Even further i am reworking the lines and D pair

Martin - Matthews - Marner see above

Johnsson - Nylander - Kappanen
Let these kids go nuts with speed and creativity. Let boston trie to check that line

JvR - Bozak - Marleau
3 vets who need to respond and create another level of attack.

Hyman - Moore - Brown

Grittier 4th line who should cycle and wear down the Bruins. Might not score but job is to work hard cycling. Moore upgrade over Plex who sucks

Dermott - Reilly

Lets see what Dermot can do. Cant be worse than the others. This pairing might surprise with 2 guys who can skate and can move the puck

Gards - Polak
Gards has Polak to do dirty work and Polak has Gards to move the puck for them

Hainsey - #22 (i dont use his name anymore)
2 guys who are having a terrible playoff so gets sheltered minutes and might keep them fresher for PK duties.

Nothing else is working so mix it up.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Taken right from our GDT, Alicat made that. I'd think if you're going to use it, maybe ask or credit her? Biggest fanbase in hockey, gotta think you guys can make your own content sometimes.
Yeah you might as well target the whole fan base since 1 moderator decided to copy and paste a couple photos.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Leaf fans want Matthews to get more minutes but they don't want to ice a 4th liner for "only" 6 minutes. Classic.

Double shift Matthews with the 4th line in Plekanec's spot, every other shift. Done.

Don't need Martin in the lineup to play Matthews more. Loads of teams find ice-time for their stars without having to introduce a plug

Reactions: Pi

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Taken right from our GDT, Alicat made that. I'd think if you're going to use it, maybe ask or credit her? Biggest fanbase in hockey, gotta think you guys can make your own content sometimes.
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said? Alicat is getting mad at Daisy but we have no idea that Daisy even did anything because it says last edited by moderator. Daisy isn't the type of poster who would do that. Of course you Bruin fans have already started jumping to conclusions in your GDT and getting all political like you guys always do.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah lets bump the guy who has the least interest in this series to the second line...

Can win a faceoff and he's a good pro. Saskatchewan science.

Marner making plays for someone that has 17 goals in his last 144 NHL games is the most stupid thing someone could come up with.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Maybeif you looked at the OP you can see the "Last edited by a moderator" Daisy original post was just the text so just back off Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad