GDT: Bruins (2) at Leafs (0). You have got to Win. Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Yeah, I get your point but I don't see the B's as a Team that will be intimidated. To me that plays into their hands as Martin would fire them up.
Maybe they would turn their focus on Martin for a shift or two, enough for the young guns to pot a goal and make a difference? Who knows.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
It's funny to me how a lot of the Bruins goals have come from our supposed "defensive minded" defenders being completely outmuscled from pucks around the net.
Another thing that has been a theme is us trying to play them hard, only to be beaten back to the front of the net.

It seems to me at times that the idea of playoff hockey can trip up players just as much as fans. It's the same sport at a higher intensity. If something gave you success in regular season, it will give you success in the playoffs too. You just have to do it at a higher pace, with a stronger effort.

The Leafs are a team that forgot who they are. Let's hope they've been reminded.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't see Nylander or Marner being a good choice to line up opposite Marchand.

However, that won't really matter unless the Leafs can PK, and other than Hyman, none of the Leafs top players PK.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Another thing that has been a theme is us trying to play them hard, only to be beaten back to the front of the net.

It seems to me at times that the idea of playoff hockey can trip up players just as much as fans. It's the same sport at a higher intensity. If something gave you success in regular season, it will give you success in the playoffs too. You just have to do it at a higher pace, with a stronger effort.

The Leafs are a team that forgot who they are. Let's hope they've been reminded.

I think we forget that Andersen was able to make saves too... that helped. ;)

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017

The Leafs have been reminded. They’ve been reminded that they are a fragile,mentally weak group, that is weak defensively.

This is a team built for regular season. If you don’t understand by now that playoffs are a completely different beast... well there is no hope for you.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It's starting to feel like this again
C6909889D5BED0954F19176F0BF4BE6E4C1FED7F

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think we should load up the 4th line to try and shut down their top line

Martin-Levio/Plekanec/Brown

Move Kapanen to the Bozak line

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It's funny to me how a lot of the Bruins goals have come from our supposed "defensive minded" defenders being completely outmuscled from pucks around the net.

I'd love to see Carrick bumping out a struggling defenseman.

I thought Rielly was one of the worst for goal against?
Someone put a chart up and IIRC Rielly was one of the worst.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought Rielly was one of the worst for goal against?
Someone put a chart up and IIRC Rielly was one of the worst.

I'm just looking at the goals scored and where and I don't see Rielly in many of those sequences.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
I said we were winning 15-0 in Game 2, and boy was I wrong.

But for Game 3, I am making a more sound prediction.

We're winning this game 14-0.

Book it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Statistically we have to atleast get the bounces and better calls, no. It feels like inaddition to Boston being obviously better, they've gotten every break as well.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Saw someone (Chris Johnston?) suggest a Nylander-Matthews-Marner first line.

What is there to lose at this point? Can't beat 'em join 'em.

Reactions: ThewThew and Pi

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
May i compliment Badcock as a coach to appease the Badcock lovers.

"Mike is by far the best European style hockey coach in the NHL"

Secondly Kudos to Mike for standing up to Grapes and many others, sticking to his guns and benching required players needed to win because he is the smartest man in the room.

Lastly..nice job Mike you sold the Leafs a bill of goods and got your payday.

Its all about Mike..good for you.

Yeah that's why you're an NHL coach right? People like you are just weird. I can imagine if the Leafs even won the cup, you'd probably complain about who gets to hold the cup first and how the hold the cup. Babcock can only play with what he has. This is only year 2. Calm TF down.

Reactions: Liminality

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Saw someone (Chris Johnston?) suggest a Nylander-Matthews-Marner first line.

What is there to lose at this point? Can't beat 'em join 'em.

Hahahahahaha that's a good one. He won't even do it on the PP or even to get a game tying goal... You think he'll do it 5 on 5?

Reactions: Marshy and Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't have much hope but if we want any chance at winning this series, winning this game is a must. I see goalies around the league making spectacular saves keeping their teams in it and Freddie lays an egg to start the game and it's always tough to catch up no matter who you have for forwards.

People here always blame the defense but Andersen hasn't made one save this entire series. Yeah we've had bad luck with bounces but that doesn't change the fact that he's been way below average.

Another concern is that the Leafs don't look they are playing playoff hockey. We're not a physical team but if a hit is there to make or take, at least go for it instead of side stepping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->