GDT: Bruins (2) at Leafs (0). You have got to Win. Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Double shift Matthews with the 4th line in Plekanec's spot, every other shift. Done.

Don't need Martin in the lineup to play Matthews more. Loads of teams find ice-time for their stars without having to introduce a plug

If Matt Martin plays a single minute of this series without us being decimated injury wise, we've already lost the series.

Play like you are capable of playing. Matt Martin isn't going to change the fact that all of our lines look like shit. They just have to play to their abilities.

Reactions: Tak7

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I wasn't talking +/- and it's a very bad stat to die on.

Rielly definitely needs to stop playing with half broken defenseman but Babcock has his blind spots and Hainsey is one of them.

Oh, I agree +/- isn't the be all and end all, but with a 2 game sample size you can directly identify who was playing defense and getting scored on in those 2 games.

That Rielly has been on the ice for 5 even strength goals against in 2 games is clear.

Bruins have scored 7 even strength goals.

Throw out the plus minus, and just look at the facts, 5 out of 7 even strength goals against when Rielly is on the ice.

It can't always be the other guy.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If Matt Martin plays a single minute of this series without us being decimated injury wise, we've already lost the series.

Play like you are capable of playing. Matt Martin isn't going to change the fact that all of our lines look like ****. They just have to play to their abilities.

Yep - Martin also doesn't help your defensive play in the slot, or the PK.

Think most people wanting Martin in are doing so more out of emotion than of common sense - which is fine, the playoffs are an intense experience.

Fully agree with your post

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
My entire family has taken turns being sick the past few days. I saw a funny gif of Marner 'clapping', where he's waving his hands on the bench trying to disperse the air. Meanwhile I'm letting out my own wretched stench peel the paint off the walls. Then I see Matthews responding to an interview stating, "Shit happens". ...he might mean it, literately!!! The boys might not be 100%.? I've seen stuff saying the flu shot was only 10-48% effective this year. Can tell you I feel a lot better having had something other then toast for a few days. While I'm taking paper-work home and feeling sorry for myself, can you imagine trying to play hockey in the playoffs if that was the case?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

These lineups are worse than the one that started the game in Game 2. What an embarrassing moment for Babcock. Why can't he understand that we are much better when we play skilled players with other skilled players.

We'll be down a couple goals and he'll switch to better lines again but it will probably be too late.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't know why Babs doesn't alternate double shifting Matthews and Bozak with Marleau and Marner.

Plekanec and Moore eating up a combined 20 plus minutes of ice time tonight doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Use the Plekanec line to matchup against Bergeron, freeing up the Matthews unit.

Not a fan, but at least Babcock is trying to make things happen - there's just no way he can go Bergeron vs Matthews

Not sure that's trying to make things happen.

Reactions: Pi

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Can win a faceoff and he's a good pro. Saskatchewan science.

Marner making plays for someone that has 17 goals in his last 144 NHL games is the most stupid thing someone could come up with.

Problem is, with Kadri out, there's not a lot of options.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Incredible that @Fenway is a mod and doesn't see that. Why don't you consult your fellow mod about what happened.

Bet you he did it to stir shit up tbh. Shoe fits.

I mean why would a Leafs mod rip off an image from their board, then start our GDT on the main boards at 10am with nothing else added.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Wow... I really hope that trust in plakenic pays off cause i was hoping to see leivo in the lineup today for komarov n moore to replace plakenic.

In any case GLG

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Disgusting lineup. 2 boderline 4c’s/healthy scratches in the same lineup. If this is the best we can do I think we are looking at a sweep. Marner playing by himself helps no one, unless the plan is to sacrifice the plekanec line to begeron and therefore freeing up nylander and Matthews I guess although plekanec has been dominated so far agains anyline he has played so the begeron line will be worse

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Who else can Babcock try to use to play against Bergeron? Matthews hasn't worked, Kadri is out, Bozak and Moore would get killed. The Leafs don't have other options. Even if Plekanec doesn't work out it's probably a better shot than the other guys.

I don't like this lineup either but we don't have much of a choice and the players need to play regardless. They are the ones who need to go out and play their roles.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Use the Plekanec line to matchup against Bergeron, freeing up the Matthews unit.

Not a fan, but at least Babcock is trying to make things happen - there's just no way he can go Bergeron vs Matthews
That's the way I see it. Try to neutralize that line and hope our other 3 lines out play their other 3 lines

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The most disheartening thing about those lineups, is if the Leafs get down by a goal or two early tonight, you know Babcock is going to throw the blender out and try and get skill with skill.

You are down 0-2 in the series.

Why not come out with desperate lines and desperate play right from the start?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any effort to get Matthews away from Bergeron, is

Pretty sure Matthews did just fine in their last matchup. Hard to completely dominate when your goaltenders let in every chance against and the PK can't box out players.

Either way, I hope it works out.

Reactions: Pi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad