Post-Game Talk: Bruce there it Is - Canucks def. Kings - 4-0 (Boeser, Garland, Lammikko, Miller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
That was fun! I had fun watching this team!

Now if EP40 gets going and the games are fun, they have met my expectations for this year.
I look forward to seeing Happy Party Pavel return as your avatar soon:)

Congrats canucks fans, you guys deserved that.

Always appreciate positive thoughts coming from visitors. Feel free to join us in future GDT’s.

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
Very much so! Thus his contract. I still think this has daddy aquilinis fingerprints all over this move.
The slumlords taking over was better than McCaw but still not good. Unfortunately they will own the team for quite awhile. Last night this seemed like the Nonis firing Gillis hiring, but it seems not. I think they have written off the play-offs but will want to have someone as GM after the Olympics.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Was there a video or anything for Edler? Sportsnet went to commercial at the first stoppage instead of letting us, home viewers, see him get a standing O, so was wondering if there was a sweet video for him?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Was there a video or anything for Edler? Sportsnet went to commercial at the first stoppage instead of letting us, home viewers, see him get a standing O, so was wondering if there was a sweet video for him?
It was quick/short....
But the ovation was not!

During a tv timeout...

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I didn't notice the 17 secs of Podkolzin's PK shift live...

Who was he partnered with?

Was it a legit shift mid-kill, or was like the final 17 secs of a kill to continue a full shift?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Bro it’s about time you change your name back.
Benning is gone now

Im stuck for another ~150 days.

I dont mind it at all.

I didn't notice the 17 secs of Podkolzin's PK shift live...

Who was he partnered with?

Was it a legit shift mid-kill, or was like the final 17 secs of a kill to continue a full shift?

Im pretty sure it was him + Petey. Cant recall at what point of the kill it was.

I look forward to seeing Happy Party Pavel return as your avatar soon:)

Will this do?

Reactions: LordBacon

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was certainly an experience.

How many years has it been since I just wanted a win and didn't have to qualify it? Too f***ing many, that's how.

No more Benning. No more Green. No more...them. Holy f***, it's finally happened.

------------------------------------------------------

You can see the difference right away. Okay, the lineup isn't world beaters. But dammit, they're not that bad as to have historically dismal PK ratings, are they? Okay, there's clearly lots of work to do. This is only the beginning of a long process, but it's nice to see that everything isn't still stuck in this weird Benningwesibrodgreenbaumgartner land of bizarre weirdness.

Oh, Myers has offensive ability?

Players are often found in their own end waiting to play defense when the other team has the puck?

Who knew?

-------------------------

Much like the team, I'm not used to doing proper PGT recaps. But that's okay. Because like the team itself, we're all on the route back to sanity and having a pro hockey team to cheer for.

No more Benning. No more Green.

KB9ddgdghBjkl1XmZukn6tuTInBC9OO-gRTy6QR1-utkT26yjQz4fIxIDZ9RRiNYFXrSPnk

Say it with me, my brothers:

THE REIGN OF ERROR IS OVER!! YEAH!!!!!

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
If we had Boudreau since the beginning of the season, Benning would likely still be here.
honestly if we absolutely had to sacrifice 25 games for a regime change I kinda take that deal

in ideal circumstances we wouldn't have a dogshit regime up until game 25 but I guess that's literally what had to take place for things to change, unfortunately

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
sometimes a new voice is needed. the guys looked focused and ready to play even though its only one game. there's still some holes to fix im sure bruce will come up with a solution during practices.

Not just a new voice one that makes sense the players were like night and day after a game day skate where a coach just turned them loose to forcheck play hard being told if you make mistakes trying to play hard play right we will back you work on it not bench you , add whatever systems Green had were obviously not very good or appreciated by his players think that showed easily.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Well, it's the honey moon stage. Let's see if they can keep this up.
x1000

I struggle to think of many major coaching/GM changes, regardless of sport or league, that hasn’t resulted in that immediate short-term boost.. unfortunately more often than not returning to the average in fairly short order (but not always! let’s hope there is substance beyond the honeymoon). It’s just a given. I was talking to people earlier in the day saying ‘now just watch out the next handful of games…’. Rarely fails.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Windy, I understand the concern in your post. As Samuel Jackson said "Allow me to retort". (Followed shortly by a very big bang)

I have been busy. I just watched the BB first interview. What a breath of fresh air. Vision and optimism.

I watched this game in Australia in a shopping centre using my phone to create a hub spot and using my VPN to get access because ESPN is effing useless. The players on the ice looked like a load had been lifted from their shoulders. Myers looked transformed.

I noticed we got somewhat lucky this game. The other BB's goal was a fluke and he was laughing about it.

This game looked like the team I expected was possible this year.

I have hated the haters who I thought were just ranting. I have never been a particular JB or Green fan, but I also didn't pretend that I could simply armchair quarterback better than they could.

Too early to get excited. But, I am excited. This look like a transformed team.

I simply could not understand the underwhelming performance we have had.

Maybe it was a simple as Green stifling the players. I have hated the gap space we have given teams entering. I have been frustrated at how much time we have given teams while forechecking. BB (the first one) looks like he has a much better approach.

I am optimistic. But, them I almost always am. I have had my soul crushed so many times this year already I feel like I am playing Squid Games.

I choose to believe that Squid Games is over, and we are now watching....hell I don't know...I Dream of Jeanie....

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
There are moments in history we will remember individuals for their sacrifice. The Tank Man at Tiananmen Square. The diver man who volunteered to swim through radiation at Fukushima. Now there's jersey man who was banned to bring down the old regime.
Did he actually get banned from the arena?

You guys should start a petition to have him unbanned

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Great atmosphere both here and and the arena. It will not last in here but it was nice to have everyone cheering for the team again. It is sad but this team losing was negatively affecting my happiness in 2021 much more than Covid. I went to 5 games, 5 loses including the Pitts game. 4 were by 1 goal. Highlight was Anaheim overtime loss where team tied in last minute. It has been a terrible year to be a fan, with no hope it was going to change. Until now. Now there is hope.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I just finished watching the 2nd period, probably gonna watch the third when I wake up.

If EP had scored on the penalty shot during his first real pk shift, I would have shat myself.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I have been saying that this roster is capable of winning. Green and Baumer were the problems. We should have fired King

We should have cleaned out the coaching staff in the off season. Dim jim made alot of mistakes but he also made some good moves. Would have preferred we waited until we saw what real coaches could do with what we have

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad