Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Here's the problem at the moment they 4 top 6 forwards 37, 63, 88, 46. Maybe a couple of tweeners in Ritchie and Coyle whom are solid 3rd liners. The rest of the forwards are 3rd 4th liners because no one has set themselves apart from the rest. DeBrusk has unfortunately regressed (and only God knows why).

Krejci, I consider top 6, put him between 63 & 88 and his production would be there. Otherwise, he's trying to produce with a bunch patchwork and duct tape.

Maybe management is hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with one of these prospects / bottom sixers, but for now they are panning out as fool's gold.

Can't blame Cassidy when there aren't the horses in the stable. Right now they need a lot of puck luck and get their confidence back to the point it becomes contagious throughout the team and they play to the max of their ability. We have seen that they can be good, but they just have to get their confidence / swagger back as a group.

Leave you with this thought, in 2011 there was a stretch in mid February where the Bruins went two or so weeks without a win, and everyone here was down on the team, and we all know how that turned out. So there is always hope.

The fact the Bruins think he is still a number two center is part of the problem. Lazy turnover machine uncapable of making players on his line better.

Reactions: nORRis8

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I know this may not be a popular opinion but , I am the point where at least short term, the best thing the Bruins could do for any success this year would be to let Bruce go.

Reactions: ChuckSurette

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don’t think Butch is the problem, but he hasn’t done enough to shake things up. I’ll be bummed if he’s canned but I’ve seen coaches fired for less in this league.
I'm with you. The problem is the roster, not the coaching. His system/fame plan got 43 shots last night. Statistically, you should expect more than 1 goal from that. The players are not finishing, and you can't really coach that, you need to get players who can finish.

My guess is ownership is going to tell Sweeney "turn this around, get some real scoring, make a run, or you're out at season's end". Doubt we see any mid season firings.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The bruins are the titanic. Sweeney is at the helm and Bruce is on the deck. The players are the deck chairs. Cassidy is rearranging the chairs as Sweeney drives the boat into the iceberg that is the season.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
What is your reasoning behind this opinion?

Lets start with his player selections on occasion some players continue to play regardless of how they play till recently Wagner and Kuraly . I do not like how he uses younger players I feel they know one bad decision and you sit and that hurts there ability to play well. Younger less experienced players need to have a leader that instills confidence . He is constantly juggling his lines so how can the bottom three lines have any flow? Just truly feel this team needs a fresh start from a coach that does not have any bias positive or negative towards the players. Like I stated earlier all coaches have shelf lives and I think Butch has reached his.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The bruins are the titanic. Sweeney is at the helm and Bruce is on the deck. The players are the deck chairs. Cassidy is rearranging the chairs as Sweeney drives the boat into the iceberg that is the season.
No, the players are the boat, Bruce the Captain, Sweeney the designer that said it was safe to sail

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
You do realize if Cassidy gets canned it's not Gallant but Nate Leaman from Providence College that will replace him

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Not sure how anyone can put more blame on Bruce than they put on Sweeney/Cam or the players themselves.
Exactly. Sweeney and Neely picked out the groceries. Bruce, although not perfect, has done a quality job coaching a roster that is extremely flawed when it comes to secondary scoring. Last time I checked Bruce wasn't making trades, free agent signings, and draft picks.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Exactly. Sweeney and Neely picked out the groceries. Bruce, although not perfect, has done a quality job coaching a roster that is extremely flawed when it comes to secondary scoring. Last time I checked Bruce wasn't making trades, free agent signings, and draft picks.
however. who hired Bruce to be in Providence, Matt?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He also shouldn’t be held as accountable for his 2RW to go from 19 goals to 2 or his 2c to go from 43 pts to 13.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
He also shouldn’t be held as accountable for his 2RW to go from 19 goals to 2 or his 2c to go from 43 pts to 13.
IT happened in DC....

WHY did you think Washington hired Cassidy there. and Nashville and Poile hired Trotz when they started there.....now you know why Trotz walked from Washington to the Islanders, correct....

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The entire defense has been injured for months. Krejci missed some time too, and our depth is just plugs like Bjork. We went to game 7 of the finals 2 years ago, won the President's Trophy last year and may have competed for the cup if Covid didn't screw up the season and out goalie didn't leave the bubble. We're not even halfway through the season yet and have gone through a minor slump largely because we've been missing most of our defense and the 5-on-5 and transition play is lagging as a result.

If they even think of blaming Bruce and firing him, they're completely idiotic.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The entire defense has been injured for months. Krejci missed some time too, and our depth is just plugs like Bjork. We went to game 7 of the finals 2 years ago, won the President's Trophy last year and may have competed for the cup if Covid didn't screw up the season and out goalie didn't leave the bubble. We're not even halfway through the season yet and have gone through a minor slump largely because we've been missing most of our defense and the 5-on-5 and transition play is lagging as a result.

If they even think of blaming Bruce and firing him, they're completely idiotic.
there may not be a choice here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad