Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It is interesting though that Cassidy and Sweeney were both small defesnemen - the team they built and game plan plays that small defenseman game of quick transition rather than any kind of crash and bang style.

And frankly the style has worked. They have been one of the better teams year in and year out, especially defensively. The problem has been lack of production offensively, where the Bruins have been middling at best despite having a great first line. That points to Sweeney more than Cassidy year over year, but right now it’s clear as day that too many guys are playing with DeBrusk levels of intensity which is on Cassidy.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
But honestly changing the coach would just be painting over mold with a new coat. The rot is still there and it's Don Sweeney's roster management that is the problem here, not Bruce.

I agree, but it's not realistic for Sweeney to fire himself or for Neely, who also deserves to be fired, to fire his pal (let alone himself) mid-season. The coach is always the first to go, whether it's fair or not. Unlike Bruce, they also used to play for the team and are close with Jacobs and Senior Advisor Harry Sinden.

Reactions: BMC

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I like Bruce, but at this point I'm not opposed to a move. Even good coaches have expiration dates, etc.

But honestly changing the coach would just be painting over mold with a new coat. The rot is still there and it's Don Sweeney's roster management that is the problem here, not Bruce.

Also, 99% sure that Bruce isn't the one making the call on whether Studnicka or Ahcan get in the lineup on a given night.
To say he isn’t making the call on who is in the lineup maybe true
But he is making the decision on how much ice time they are receiving
To insert one of these guys and play them 6 minutes is ridiculous

Reactions: cheg1349

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Wasn't he a pretty good Bruins coach back in the day?

I doubt he would return to coaching. It would be kind of weird to see two of his players back in the day (DS and Neely) hire him

Though ..... I guess something similar already did happen with Shanahan and Babcock

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Now Murphy says it isn’t true - I just don’t know who not to believe now!

Greg Hill won't prove his source. Maybe it was Milbury? who heard it from one of the equipment guys ... is my best guess

Cassidy looked kind of off at the bench area yesterday (camera shots). He didn't look his natural intense/cursing self

Not sure if it was due to returning from covid or the dressing room yelling rumor

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I like Bruce, but at this point I'm not opposed to a move. Even good coaches have expiration dates, etc.

Also, 99% sure that Bruce isn't the one making the call on whether Studnicka or Ahcan get in the lineup on a given night.

exactly where I’m at.

Reactions: StrBender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad