Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Props for getting some line changes to click and ignite the team tonight...

But that had to be some of the dumbest shootout lineup picking I have seen.

McAvoy and DeBrusk have terrible games
and he puts the game in their hands.

Even some of the pairings in OT. WTF

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Props for getting some line changes to click and ignite the team tonight...

But that had to be some of the dumbest shootout lineup picking I have seen.

McAvoy and DeBrusk have terrible games
and he puts the game in their hands.

Even some of the pairings in OT. WTF

Props for making some changes however Poops for taking so friggin long.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Bruce must be pulling his hair out. You get wins against the two best teams in the Metro and then you piss away a point against a non-playoff team with a brutal 3rd period. Chara and Carlo part the Red Sea, then McAvoy with a bonehead cross check penalty. If not for Halak, they collapse in regulation. How many points have they thrown away this year? Thought I would cool off overnight but nah, still pissed!

It's to the point where I'm more concerned about them playing non playoff teams like the Kings and Avs this weekend.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Bruce must be pulling his hair out. You get wins against the two best teams in the Metro and then you piss away a point against a non-playoff team with a brutal 3rd period. Chara and Carlo part the Red Sea, then McAvoy with a bonehead cross check penalty. If not for Halak, they collapse in regulation. How many points have they thrown away this year? Thought I would cool off overnight but nah, still pissed!

It's to the point where I'm more concerned about them playing non playoff teams like the Kings and Avs this weekend.

He must have pulled his hair out when Bergy was wide open in OT and instead Pasta tried to dangle through traffic for the highlight clip goal.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Props for making some changes however Poops for taking so friggin long.

Overall, I think Cassidy has done a very good job.

I have some issues with him:

1) Has a really short leash with his line combos at times, and then other times leaves players together when it’s clearly not working.

2) Relies way too much on his 4th line. He’s not the only coach that does this, and it’s probably partially due to his lack of trust in the “3rd line”.

The other thing I disagree with, but this is different because it’s a philosophy issue, is having all three big guns on one line. There are a lot of us that have been saying for awhile that he should drop Pasta down and have two “pairs”:

63-37
46-88

And fill in the gaps around them with the young players.

If he had done this in November, the organization would have a much better idea about how guys like Heinen, DeBrusk, Cehlarik, Donato, etc., fit into the Top 6 and what they should be acquiring at the deadline.

Spilled milk at this point.

Jamie Rodgers

Feb 7, 2019

1) Has a really short leash with his line combos at times, and then other times leaves players together when it’s clearly not working.

2) Relies way too much on his 4th line. He’s not the only coach that does this, and it’s probably partially due to his lack of trust in the “3rd line”.

The other thing I disagree with, but this is different because it’s a philosophy issue, is having all three big guns on one line. There are a lot of us that have been saying for awhile that he should drop Pasta down and have two “pairs”:

63-37
46-88

If he had done this in November, the organization would have a much better idea about how guys like Heinen, DeBrusk, Cehlarik, Donato, etc., fit into the Top 6 and what they should be acquiring at the deadline.

I agree with everything you've stated here. In a game where the 2 points were very important they were given away.

I watched the Rangers shorten the bench while Cassidy and company kept rolling 4 lines...

You can see the extra jump in Krejci's game when Pasta is on his wing.

Why was Kevin Miller on the ice in OT....

Reactions: LouisSleigher

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
when you have one line scoring, it must be tough to coach a team. line 3 is atrocious. line 2 inconsistent. 4th line you now what you are getting every single time. you could break up line 1. but at any point you are down in a game he will already rely on pasta-bergy-marchand.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

63-37
46-88

I agree but we also had Claud who never made a change and felt the players should work there way out of a slump

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Bruce definitely has his quirks as does every coach. However overall, I'm very thankful to have him as our coach at this moment.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree with everything you've stated here. In a game where the 2 points were very important they were given away.

I watched the Rangers shorten the bench while Cassidy and company kept rolling 4 lines...

His line combos in OT were bizarre last night. I am hoping it’s and aberration, and not a sign of things to come :laugh:

I will say that I thought the 63/20 pair was going to be awful and they ended up generating a couple of good chances.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looking foorward to seeing new lines this weekend. It appears practice lines are the same as 3rd period. Cool
my sources tell me (and they are reliable) that both Backes and Acciari will be flanking Bergy tomorrow, Acciari was heavily used on both the PP/PK and 3 on 3 and shootout scenarios.........:sarcasm:

Reactions: Blowfish

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

And this is why I say DK has effort issues. If you're playing in a game, regardless who you're riding with, you give full effort. With Krejci, he doesn't. Even if they give him Pasta as a winger, he'll have an initial boon and then fall back into his disinterested self after a few games. It's why expecting a maddeningly inconsistent player to become consistent is a losing proposition. It's also why I think Cassidy has been reluctant to split up that top line. He knows it will only be a short term boost.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

An honest question here: don't you think that DK should have done a better job at elevating the game of his linemates?. I understand that DeBrusk is not Pastrnak but the guy still have some skills. so...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
An honest question here: don't you think that DK should have done a better job at elevating the game of his linemates?. I understand that DeBrusk is not Pastrnak but the guy still have some skills. so...

For whatever reason, I don’t think 46 and 74 were a great fit, despite the team’s desire to force them to be together. Not sure either player was really at fault? In this case, I do think that DeBrusk is scuffling a bit right now, which made them look worse together than they really were.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Congratulations for getting the 100th win!

It's an impressive feat to win this year with a 1st line, David Krejci and three 4th lines.

He's making gourmet meals out of leftovers and unripe fruits and vegetables.

Congratulations once again!

Reactions: Trizz617

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I'm done with this guy. He keeps making some of the dumbest decisions possible.

Anyone know if the former Chicago coach is still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad