GDT: Broons @ NJD, TNT, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Just feeling good vibes about this one. The Edmonton game is behind them and we started to get some traction. Boston isn't what they were last year and last year they goalied us to victory even with that perfect team they had. Tonight is a breakthrough vs Boston!:nod:

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I expect pain tonight because of vitek.

image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
his first chance was starting both games of a back to back with the first leg of the back to back being a 44 save effort that ended in OT. His second chance was almost as close to a scheduled loss as you can get (2nd game of a back to back being the 3rd game in 4 days and at the end of a long road trip) and even with his mistakes in that game he basically gave up what was expected.

Hopefully Vitek plays well today and builds off the Calgary game but they definitely haven't given Akira the most comfortable spots nor the rope that Vanecek gets. In the last two seasons he's only played consecutively in the playoffs (a game every other night against the Rangers and Canes) and the back to back against the Flyers/Sharks.
Holtz hasn’t exactly had the best of chances either but he eventually earned his way into the lineup, Akira has to do the same. The fact his numbers are ‘almost’ as bad as Vitek’s don’t scream he’s taking his chances

And the Devils being on a back to back in Edmonton and scoring one goal had nothing to do with a rested Schmid being awful

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Holtz hasn’t exactly had the best of chances either but he eventually earned his way into the lineup, Akira has to do the same. The fact his numbers are ‘almost’ as bad as Vitek’s don’t scream he’s taking his chances
Holtz got a opportunity to settle in and get into his groove this season. I understand what you mean but it's hard for a goalie to be consistent when he never gets the opportunity to get into a rhythm.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm no Lindy fan, but I actually think starting VTec tonight is the right move.

I will now duck while people throw rotting vegetables at me.

Let's go Devils!

Oh, I believe you. Thinking Vitek starting tonight is the right move is only something a person that's no fan of Lindy could want.

More Vitek means we're closer to the day Ruff and Rogalski get told to stay home. Because that's exactly what starting him more is gonna do to them.

And like I said in the other thread, it also in all likelihood probably means no playoffs this year and a lost season.

Then again, Vitek is due for some good games, only because an EBUG couldn't actually be worse than this.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Oh, I believe you. Thinking Vitek starting tonight is the right move is only something a person that's no fan of Lindy could want.

More Vitek means we're closer to the day Ruff and Rogalski get told to stay home. Because that's exactly what starting him more is gonna do to them.

And like I said in the other thread, it also in all likelihood probably means no playoffs this year and a lost season.

Then again, Vitek is due for some good games, only because an EBUG couldn't actually be worse than this.
While we don't know if VTec can be fixed, I'm an optimist that maybe he can turn it around. However slim chance there is. Also, I think Akira was lucky not to give up another 2 or 3 goals versus the Oilers.

So, I will just say, in my best Regan McNeil voice

"You'll get VTec and like it."

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Yeah, Schmid hasn't really earned anything this season. Schmid he's had more bad games than good games, and some of his goal allowed have been as egregious if not more so than anything Vanecek has let in.

The one time Schmid was trusted with back-to-back starts he allowed 5 goals on 17 shots to the worst team in the league.

This team is trying to make the playoffs which means winning games. Vanecek is 10-4-0 in 16 starts with two pulls. Schmid is 3-5-1 in 10 starts with one pull.

If Vanecek wasn't stinking up the joint even worse we'd all be horrified over how Schmid regressed since last year. Instead we're stuck with losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad