GDT: Broons @ NJD, TNT, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I haven’t decided if the next one I do (whenever that is) will be a continuation of the exorcism or my Devils goalie themed GDT.

The goalie themed one seems more appropriate after a real stinker game from one of the goalies, but it could work.

Especially when we win 6-5 again with Vitek! :sarcasm:
I should have known those voices tormenting you were actual demons. I guess it's fitting since you root for the Devils. Top notch GDT. Great work.

My3Sons

Sponsor
But now we’ve basically guaranteed Vitek with 2 of the next 3 with the back to back coming up
To be fair, while Schmid was ok last game he let in a softie and also made that tactical mistake playing the swarm leading to the open net goal. As others have noted, neither goalie has grabbed the net this season so alternating makes some sort of sense until one of them can start stringing better games together.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Eh Schmid has screwed up his last two chances to take the job and run with it, keep rotating till one guy actually has two good games in a row
his first chance was starting both games of a back to back with the first leg of the back to back being a 44 save effort that ended in OT. His second chance was almost as close to a scheduled loss as you can get (2nd game of a back to back being the 3rd game in 4 days and at the end of a long road trip) and even with his mistakes in that game he basically gave up what was expected.

Hopefully Vitek plays well today and builds off the Calgary game but they definitely haven't given Akira the most comfortable spots nor the rope that Vanecek gets. In the last two seasons he's only played consecutively in the playoffs (a game every other night against the Rangers and Canes) and the back to back against the Flyers/Sharks.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Mercer still at center and ya'll are complaining about Vitek again.
Mercer definitely shouldn’t be at C, but there’s really no way to move him to wing without pushing someone to the fourth line that shouldn’t be there.

Besides Haula’s on his line tonight so he’s going to essentially be the C, same way he does for Jack.

My3Sons

Sponsor
his first chance was starting both games of a back to back with the first leg of the back to back being a 44 save effort that ended in OT. His second chance was almost as close to a scheduled loss as you can get (2nd game of a back to back being the 3rd game in 4 days and at the end of a long road trip) and even with his mistakes in that game he basically gave up what was expected.

Hopefully Vitek plays well today and builds off the Calgary game but they definitely haven't given Akira the most comfortable spots nor the rope that Vanecek gets. In the last two seasons he's only played consecutively in the playoffs (a game every other night) and the back to back against the Flyers/Sharks.
If Schmid had given up only one of the softie or played the swarm I'd agree with you but I can't say the overall game merits an obvious second guessing here. Vitek earned his hibachi against Calgary and has now had some rest and practice so he should be ready. But I do agree with you that Schmid has been handed some chicken poop and told to make chicken salad.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Mercer definitely shouldn’t be at C, but there’s really no way to move him to wing without pushing someone to the fourth line that shouldn’t be there.

Besides Haula’s on his line tonight so he’s going to essentially be the C, same way he does for Jack.

Put Holtz at center for all I care lol. Mercer was finally having a nice run of play at wing then goes back to center and he turns back into a pumpkin.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i'm not up to date with local tv rights but is there a reason this game for us is on msg and not tnt? would be great if thats the case going forward for all these "national" games since i dont have espn+

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruff is such a stupid coach.
He even turfed Blackwood (like played him as backup goalie only) by January, but he wasn’t even healthy at this time last year for him to get to do it earlier.

And I’m pretty sure this org was a ton higher on Blackwood about a year ago than they are on Vitek right now.

The team does play worse in front of him for sure. Because they’re just waiting for the wheels to fall off. And they usually fall off anytime the team doesn’t play close to perfectly. And that Calgary game was pretty close enough to perfect.

And he still gave up 2 goals. He hasn’t given up only 1 goal all season. Even when he faces 12 shots he gives up 2 goals.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Palat-Hischier-Bratt
Toffoli-Hughes-Mercer
Meier-Haula-Holtz
Lazar-McLeod-Bastian

Pretty simple. Meier and Hughes don't work, they need to each have the puck. Put Meier with a workman like player like Haula and a shooter who can find the open spots like Holtz.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Vitek... go for .800, give it all you got man.

1702493797018.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA