GDT: Bronze Medal Game - May 25 - Russia vs Czech Republic

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Meant to ask.. how do you feel about coach being fired? How do you feel about a non Slovak coach being on the bench? Who do you think will be next coach?

I don't think he's being fired. Elections for the president of the hockey federation are upcoming, so it's going to be in the hands of the new president to choose a new GM and a coach or to negotiate with Ramsay. I read that Lasak said he would not continue, but who knows.

As for a non-Slovak coach, I don't care about the nationality if things work. I'm OK with Ramsay, this was the first time after many years I actually enjoyed our play, although the end result was disappointing. I would be glad if we had enough modern and progressive coaches, but I don't think that's the case. And I have no idea who could be the next coach.

By the way, when does Riha's contract end? Crap, it's tied :(

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah we really regressed in men's side recently but we were very good, illustration of that are Davis cup wins, I really liked Serena and some eras before Henin, Clijsters, Li Na etc. because I don't always like that unpredictability even in my own life, so I prefer men's side.

I admire Canada's newly found passion for tennis, 7 years ago there was just Nestor, who I really like by the way now they are almost better than us. I don't believe Genie much, she is better at taking selfies than actual tennis.
The selfies are exceptional though! Canadian Treasure!

iVRfW3k.jpg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't think he's being fired. Elections for the president of the hockey federation are upcoming, so it's going to be in the hands of the new president to choose a new GM and a coach or to negotiate with Ramsay. I read that Lasak said he would not continue, but who knows.

As for a non-Slovak coach, I don't care about the nationality if things work. I'm OK with Ramsay, this was the first time after many years I actually enjoyed our play, although the end result was disappointing. I would be glad if we had enough modern and progressive coaches, but I don't think that's the case. And I have no idea who could be the next coach.

By the way, when does Riha's contract end? Crap, it's tied :(
I'm not sure if he has one? I feel like we get a new coach every 2 seasons.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Can someone explain Gusev to me? He seems like a beast who scores a tonne but he's not in the NHL has been traded and makes, apparantly, 1 million for Vegas but plays in KHL? Seems like a lock to be a superstar in NHL?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say the Russian bear is no longer sleeping... amazing what a shit goal can do!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, it's similar over here :laugh: And who would you want to be the next coach?
I wanted Pesan but he's the boss now. I can't say I'm enthralled with Czech coaches that much right now... I did like the last one a lot and thought he was going in right direction. I

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rutta close too! He hasn't been great this tourney but I'd hate to see our D without him. More a comment on Czech D in general!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope Hrubec is watching how that last shot hit TWO Russians and deflected TWICE but Vasilevsky still tracked it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a shame Musil can't score... he's such a smart player and gets so many good chances! Just no finish to his game. He's been a real pleasant surprise though!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like we need to keep the Russians with only quality and dangerous chances... Hrubec seems good at those.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thrilled with 2-2... it would appear our strategy is to be a high volume shooter and hope something wiggles lose. I'm totally fine with that. 20 mintues to a medal... need a guy like Hronek/Voracek/Frolik to step up here. Of course, Russia has a few game changers as well.lol

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Russians are like they wake up to play just for 2 minutes in the beginning and 2 before end before period ends, we should have lead by 2 already :(

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Let's do this! Hronek with a great chance! I imagine we'll see a lot of him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->