GDT: Bronze Medal Game - May 25 - Russia vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia is usually not motivated for bronze games though.
If we played our team the way we should I'd say 65/35 chance Russia wins. The way our coach deploys us... 80/20. FTR.. a lot of people don't like the Russians. This team is amazing.. they're clean and super talented. I actually felt bad for them because I feel like they consistently lose when they get all their stars on one team. They are actually the counter to my 'Top 9' theory.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Russia certainly don't give 100% effort, we need to bury our chances otherwise Russia prevails in the end.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs coming on... I fully expect Gulas to get 2 points today so everyone can tell me I've been wrong. The Zohorna's have grown on me, why not Milan?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia certainly don't give 100% effort, we need to bury our chances otherwise Russia prevails in the end.
Longer it stays 0-0 the better for us... calm and controlled, no stupid penalties.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ok but now it seems like waiting for Russia's goal and then it will be one way traffic.
It's weird because I can totally understand why Russian's would be heartbroken. We were never a gold medal favourite.. playing for Bronze is an amazing honor. We don't medal often and should be flying! We look like the hungover team.

I, for one, am thrilled to be watching a bronze medal game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's weird because I can totally understand why Russian's would be heartbroken. We were never a gold medal favourite.. playing for Bronze is an amazing honor. We don't medal often and should be flying! We look like the hungover team.

I, for one, am thrilled to be watching a bronze medal game.

Well, as someone who thinks making teams play a game after they can't win the championship is unnecessarily cruel, I kind of understand how both teams seem a bit hungover.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs have had a lot of good players over the years.

Ivan Lendl was one of my favourites.
Our men are in real trouble. Our Ladies are unbelievably deep... aging vets, young stars etc.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Woo!

Great response!

Terrible line change there by the Russians.

Funny, they've been solid on the details for the most part in this tournament.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I know it was tipped but shit goal .. in fairness, Hrubec has been our best player so far!

REPIK!!!! Zohorna's everywhere!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Simon is having himself a very good game so far... getting scored on was apparantly the best thing that could happen to us!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->