GDT: Bronze Medal Game - May 25 - Russia vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I had to google it.. I had no idea Reichel played 5 more years in Extraliga after leaving NHL. Another old guy that was almost a .ppg player 5 years after his NHL career was over. 41 points in 52 games.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
We're playing our 3rd string goalie and benching 2 NHL players ... ours is worse!

It’s not a comment on who is at a bigger disadvantage.

It’s a comment about how incompetent Vorobyov is, and how he stubbornly refuses to learn from his mistakes, like many Russian coaches before him.

EDIT: Czechs 2-1! Haha funny goal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I have loved Kovar and Kubalik this tourney! I keep saying Vrana is our best pure shooter... someone counterd that Zadina might be soon. What about Kubalik? All he does is shoot!

For all my complaints... Riha has got a lot out of Bartosak, Kubalik, Kovar, Repik and Musil on the 'Euro' side of things.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It’s not a comment on who is at a bigger disadvantage.

It’s a comment about how incompetent Vorobyov is, and how he stubbornly refuses to learn from his mistakes, like many Russian coaches before him.

EDIT: Czechs 2-1! Haha funny goal
Look, if you brag you have the better team. You get a 'like' from me. But you do not get to brag you have a shittier coach than us.. that's our thing! We got this!lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
French Open too.. Canada has 4 good players in this tourney. Who would've thought it? Czech ladies with a lot of hope as well!

Who? Auger-Aliassime haven't showed much in clay masters + he is hurt, Raonic's worst surface is clay, WTA side of draw is unpredictable as always since Serena's dominance has ended.

I don't think there will be many surprises in men circuit, Rafa, Nole or Them have this FO in bag.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Who? Auger-Aliassime haven't showed much in clay masters + he is hurt, Raonic's worst surface is clay, WTA side of draw is unpredictable as always since Serena's dominance has ended.

I don't think there will be many surprises in men circuit, Rafa, Nole or Them have this FO in bag.

Keep in mind for the longest time we didn't have anyone in the men's pool.

Now we have three players.

Our bar for success is pretty low as a country in tennis.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

The 4 were Andreescu who has got herself to Top 30, Shapovolov who is higher than that. Raonic who could get to quarters and Auger who didn't pull out till this morning. Genie is also there with her grandmother instead of a coach... no, I'm not making that up. They were taking selfies with Venus yesterday.

I get that isn't a Canadian will win the French open but that is 4 seeded players on both men's and women's side at a major (until injury). That is amazing for a country who's best athletes play hockey. There is not much tennis culture here at all. Truly impressive. Tennis Canada is trying like hell to get people to play tennis. I guess a lot of it is immigrant's sons living in Toronto but that club is getting real good!

If you think about it.. the Top 3 Canadians are Raonic, Auger and Shapovolov... Top 3 Czechs are Berdych, Vesely and Rosol. They'd kill us in a real Davis Cup matchup today.

Our ladies are stacked though.. Vondrousova is the real deal! Pliskova at 2 seed (she won't win French though) and Kvitova still being very good! Siniakova is also excellent. I also have an unrealistic love of Strycova for some strange reason.lol As of a month ago, I'm pretty sure we had 3 or 4 of the Top 4 seeded women's doubles players too.

Reactions: NyQuil

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Where was this puck luck yesterday, heh. The next 2 periods will be fun.
So if you believe in a Top 6 and bottom 6.. our bottom 6 has got us 2 goals, our third string goalie has looked great. Time for the NHL boys to step up! Repik and Kubalik to open scoring is a great bonus!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So if you believe in a Top 6 and bottom 6.. our bottom 6 has got us 2 goals, our third string goalie has looked great. Time for the NHL boys to step up! Repik and Kubalik to open scoring is a great bonus!

No penalties in the 1st? Hopefully that continues.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Who know Wickenheiser had such strong Czech connections? I had no idea she practiced in the Republic back in the day and was married to a Czech. None!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
She should brew her own beer.

I'd drink "Wickenheiser".
LOL... sounds like a Weizen! Funny thing, that 'wheat beer' is one of the things I cannot say in Czech.. my tongue absolutely will not allow me to say that word.... you should hear me after 5 beers trying to get a psnecki or whatever it is.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
The 4 were Andreescu who has got herself to Top 30, Shapovolov who is higher than that. Raonic who could get to quarters and Auger who didn't pull out till this morning. Genie is also there with her grandmother instead of a coach... no, I'm not making that up. They were taking selfies with Venus yesterday.

I get that isn't a Canadian will win the French open but that is 4 seeded players on both men's and women's side at a major (until injury). That is amazing for a country who's best athletes play hockey. There is not much tennis culture here at all. Truly impressive. Tennis Canada is trying like hell to get people to play tennis. I guess a lot of it is immigrant's sons living in Toronto but that club is getting real good!

If you think about it.. the Top 3 Canadians are Raonic, Auger and Shapovolov... Top 3 Czechs are Berdych, Vesely and Rosol. They'd kill us in a real Davis Cup matchup today.

Our ladies are stacked though.. Vondrousova is the real deal! Pliskova at 2 seed (she won't win French though) and Kvitova still being very good! Siniakova is also excellent. I also have an unrealistic love of Strycova for some strange reason.lol As of a month ago, I'm pretty sure we had 3 or 4 of the Top 4 seeded women's doubles players too.

Yeah we really regressed in men's side recently but we were very good, illustration of that are Davis cup wins, I really liked Serena and some eras before Henin, Clijsters, Li Na etc. because I don't always like that unpredictability even in my own life, so I prefer men's side.

I admire Canada's newly found passion for tennis, 7 years ago there was just Nestor, who I really like by the way now they are almost better than us. I don't believe Genie much, she is better at taking selfies than actual tennis.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be noted... Gulas has a point!

Minutes are somewhat logical... Vrana has 2 and is on his way to 6 on the game, otherwise... the biggest shock is Sklenicka with well over 6. I think him and Rutta lead team in minutes after first. Oops... Gudas is over 7 already. Faksa is getting a tonne of minutes.

Another shit goal! They're blaming Radko and he did tip it but that was right in the middle of Hrubec... again.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I admire Canada's newly found passion for tennis, 7 years ago there was just Nestor, who I really like by the way now they are almost better than us. I don't believe Genie much, she is better at taking selfies than actual tennis.

Well, she had her chance to get serious about her tennis but it never really developed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad