Brodeur willing to back up Price with Canadiens (Damphousse says Habs have interest)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Awesome! :sarcasm:

The last thing we need is the distraction of Marty's fair well tour to distract us from our ultimate goal of going to the finals.

It's not like he'd be an everyday player helping the team out. He'd be a once every 4 or 5 gamers whipping up a media storm for the entire year.

So not worth it for ANY backup.

Last edited:

Davebo*

Isn't this the same rehash of the same BS rumours started by brodeur and his agent?

Davebo*

brodeur in a habs jersey? that would be something.

Price + Brodeur 2014-2015 meanwhile tokarski in the AHL getting those games since that's what he needs now instead of backing up someone.

if it seriously happens, i don't know what to do but my god, it would be something.

And you're a great opinion on what the Habs needs are, aren't you? :rolleyes:

I think seeing fatso in a Habs sweater is going to satisfy YOU far more than it will US. We have one of the better backup goalies in the league now - who's already shown he's a fantastic team player. Fatso would be a disruption - plain and simple.

Let fatso back up the team he lead his entire career. The Habs have far more depth at the goaltender position than the frigging devils - yet you want him here? :laugh:

DO NOT WANT.

Davebo*

Sign him - then send him to the AHL - he can mentor Fucale and Tokarski.

Otherwise what's the point? You know at some point he's bound tyo say something controversial, and the media ****-storm will derail the frigging team.

Go back-up the frigging devils!

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Marc Bergervin has contacted (Brodeur's agent) Pat Brisson to find out if Brodeur is available

WTF is this nonsense? Brodeur isn't an applicant at this point -- he's a supplicant.

Kinda like the whole idea of Bouillon "negociating hard".

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
I thought Tokes was next in line if they move Budaj? Doesn't he have to go through waivers this yr?

Saintpatrick*

Typical. A French player long past his prime? Sure let's pick him up!

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
The scoop is from Vincent Damphousse and on l'Antichambre, he stated that MB reached out to Brodeur's agent in July, after losing Gorges and Gionta and before signing Eller's contract. Why the hell is the scoop coming out now? Damphousse is likely doing Brodeur a solid because the contract offers aren't falling out of the sky for him.

One of the main reason stated for MB's interest in Brodeur is to replace Gorges and Gionta's leadership. Salary should be 1.5-2M/year.

Otherwise what's the point? You know at some point he's bound tyo say something controversial, and the media ****-storm will derail the frigging team.

Worst part is that he is 12 wins away from 700 career wins. I wouldn't expect him to play 15 games or so (like Price's backup should) because once he gets 6-7 wins, media/fan pressure will go crazy until he gets to the 700 mark.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

How would he mentor Fucale and Tokarski in the AHL, Tokarski will be backing up Price and Fucale will be in Halifax.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Let fatso back up the team he lead his entire career. The Habs have far more depth at the goaltender position than the frigging devils - yet you want him here? :laugh:

DO NOT WANT.
"Fatso" :laugh:

The Devils don't even want Marty around any more. He's done. Done done done. He's desperate for a job because he really wants to hit 700 career wins. That & his ego are the only things keeping him from filing his retirement papers.

We absolutely do not want the media circus that would surround this guy all year. We've got enough of that just by virtue of being the Canadiens.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Brodeur is (was) an awesome goaltender, but he's cocky and has a great sense of self-entitlement. He's going to be a distraction and both our backups are as good (better).

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I respect the guy and everything he has done in this league but he is done and I don't think he would help much. Carey can play around 65 games a year, we don't really need him to backup. I still hope Bergevin can move Budaj and let Tokarski play behind Carey

Oct 22, 2012
I respect the guy and everything he has done in this league but he is done and I don't think he would help much. Carey can play around 65 games a year, we don't really need him to backup. I still hope Bergevin can move Budaj and let Tokarski play behind Carey

Sign all of the goalies. All of them. DiPietro is next. :sarcasm:

So its either trade trade buds, or lose tokarski on waivers. I think it all depends who looks stronger at camp. I think Buds can have a better season, our D will be better. Has to be.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I feel like Nostradamus. I called it earlier this summer. Brodeur in Montréal would be amazing. NJ isn't exactly a good team. He would have success as a backup to Price in Montréal.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Some people value their opinions FFAARR too much. How the **** does anybody know if Brodeur will be a distraction or not? As if Therrien and Bergevin who are 100% about the team are just going to let that happen? Do you wannabes just think Bergevin dishes out money to free agents without explaining them their roles on the team??? I mean look what he did when he told Parenteau after he got him? He told him it was in his best interest to come to camp in top shape.

Comon..

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
To be honest, he's better than Budaj and Tokarski at this point... I believe he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad