Brodeur willing to back up Price with Canadiens (Damphousse says Habs have interest)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I LOL'd about Tokarski, because I assumed my context would be well understood. I laughed out loud at the thought of Tokarski as our full time backup. Is this really hard to understand? Did I really have to explain that

You better should...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
If Brodeur is here, forget Tokarski. Simple as that.

Maybe not...?

Maybe Brodeur as backup now...and Tokarski waiting and watching closely as a Bulldog...waiting but not too long he still may get a chance since Brodeur may be a bit more injury prone compared to 5 seasons ago (natural with age,etc).

One year with Brodeur...2014-2015.
Price and Tokarski (backup)...2015-2016.
Price and Tokarski (backup) or Fucale maybe?...2016-2017.
Fucale as backup...2017-2018?

One thing I know...Budaj should be OUT...Tokarski IN, and...now.

Playoffs:
IF (if) Price gets injured right before or during playoffs...we're all going to love Brodeur+Tokarski VS Tokarski only (I don't want to see Budaj in playoffs for us ever again...sorry).

Brodeur can still be dangerous in playoffs...very dangerous.
Imo, he wants to go out with a BANG!! I just hope he doesn't do it against us!! (ex: Philly in playoffs with Brodeur - in case their no.1 goalie gets injured - as one example, maybe not the best example, but just an example nonetheless!).

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Maybe not...?

Maybe Brodeur as backup now...and Tokarski waiting and watching closely as a Bulldog...waiting but not too long he still may get a chance since Brodeur may be a bit more injury prone compared to 5 seasons ago (natural with age,etc).

One year with Brodeur...2014-2015.
Price and Tokarski (backup)...2015-2016.
Price and Tokarski (backup) or Fucale maybe?...2016-2017.
Fucale as backup...2017-2018?

One thing I know...Budaj should be OUT...Tokarski IN, and...now.

Playoffs:
IF (if) Price gets injured right before or during playoffs...we're all going to love Brodeur+Tokarski VS Tokarski only (I don't want to see Budaj in playoffs for us ever again...sorry).

Brodeur can still be dangerous in playoffs...very dangerous.
Imo, he wants to go out with a BANG!! I just hope he doesn't do it against us!! (ex: Philly in playoffs with Brodeur - in case their no.1 goalie gets injured - as one example, maybe not the best example, but just an example nonetheless!).

yea lets make a hundred scenarios where Price gets hurt, and guess where that will get us

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
yeah lets make a hundred scenarios where Price gets hurt, and guess where that will get us

It's just TWO or THREE main scenarios (and they're important, imo), not a hundred!;)

<Important: injured for long period of time (regular season)
<Very important: injured right before playoffs.
<Very very important (crucial): injured during playoffs.

It's the GM's job (imo) to insure us in case of injuries.
(the only one that's impossible to replace is Subban...Price can't be replaced, but I'd feel better with Brodeur+Tokarski VS Tokarski+Budaj in case Price gets injured).

P.S.: I'm also still waiting for a ''policeman'' (VS teams like the Bruins, Leafs only), but that's for another thread. Wishlist...Penner, Brodeur, and a policeman.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I bet he would get picked up. There are teams with worse back ups, or back ups they can send to the AHL without waivers and see if Tokarski can play better at least. With how he played in the AHL and NHL playoffs there would be interest in taking a chance and see what happens.

Canucks will most likely lose Markstrom to waivers before we ever lose Tokarski. Doubtful there are two teams in need of a #2 goalie.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Bergevin pretty much closed the door to Brodeur:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2014/09/15/je-ne-peux-pas-avoir-quatre-gardiens

«J’ai déjà trois gardiens, je ne peux pas en avoir quatre, a-t-il lancé avec un petit sourire en coin. Je devrai déjà prendre une décision avec mes trois gardiens. Martin est une bonne personne, il a connu une carrière exceptionnelle, mais je vais me concentrer à gérer notre situation avec nos trois gardiens. »
Translation: the habs already have three [NHL caliber] goalers. No need for the fourth.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You should look up the definition of 'spamming' , before accusing me of lacking 'intelligence' , it will make future debates a little easier to argue on your end. If you had accused me of 'trolling', I could live with that, I could see how my post could be taken that way. But, 'spamming' ? lol

It's a message board, was every response supposed to be well thought out and articulated, so it meets some lofty standard?

I LOL'd about Tokarski, because I assumed my context would be well understood. I laughed out loud at the thought of Tokarski as our full time backup. Is this really hard to understand? Did I really have to explain that

Well nobody knows if Tokarski is capable or not. I would let him try at least. Budaj doesn't bring much to the dance at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad