Brodeur willing to back up Price with Canadiens (Damphousse says Habs have interest)

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Tokarski is ready for the backup spot.

I agree Tokarski is good enough for the backup spot. Is he too good? Is he an NHL starter waiting to happen that is wasting his time sitting on the bench all season long at his age... Should he be dealt to play as an NHL #1 elsewhere, kept in the AHL, or play as a backup?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Could be a good solution, if I didn't detest him from so much humiliation over the years.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The fact this topic is being discussed can mean one thing, and only one thing.

It's September 4th, the training camp hasn't started and thus, some people are looking to create news.

MauriceTheGreat*

He's pretty good when he play in Montreal. :sarcasm:

Although he would be a really good fit if we hadn't 2 NHL backup already we do.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Brodeur is getting his agent to leak some interest so other teams can give him a call. The same old recipe for some players.

Would I want him? Probably yes. Trade away Budaj.. get Marty for cheap on a one year deal? Why not. But if they plan to bring up Tokarski this year.. then I doubt this will have ANY chance of happening.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I agree Tokarski is good enough for the backup spot. Is he too good? Is he an NHL starter waiting to happen that is wasting his time sitting on the bench all season long at his age... Should he be dealt to play as an NHL #1 elsewhere, kept in the AHL, or play as a backup?

He wouldn't get much in a trade. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd if a team loves him. He needs to prove himself more.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
No point no reason no sense no validity no rhyme no excuse no advantage no question no figuratively no literally no anyway no anyhow NO

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Last year when Price was hurt in the regular season Brodeur came out with I'm willing to consider waiving my NTC and when Price was healthy enough to play he decided he was happy in NJ.

I think he'd love to play on Montreal. I'd be okay with either Tokarski, Budaj or Brodeur in net. None of them have long term potential here, other then maybe Budaj and none of them are worth much on trade, so who cares? Tokarski is probably the best, if I had to make a choice but also the most likely to create problems with ice time issues.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Are you out of your mind?

Are you seriously asking if a guy who has never even been a back-up in the NHL is "too good" to be a back up in the NHL and that he's wasting his time in that role?

Dustin Tokarski hasn't even proven he's NHL calibre yet, and you're talking about him being too good to be ab back up?

On what planet could he be traded to a team to be their #1 goalie?

Completely insane.

MauriceTheGreat*

I must admit, it would be interesting to see Brodeur....

....in a new jersey.

wpid-ba-dum-tss.jpg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One of the saddest things in sports is when someone hangs on too long. 42 years old, seriously time to pack it in

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I hate that guy so no. Plus, I'm pretty sure he would act like a baby if he doesn't get enough games.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Are you out of your mind?

Are you seriously asking if a guy who has never even been a back-up in the NHL is "too good" to be a back up in the NHL and that he's wasting his time in that role?

Dustin Tokarski hasn't even proven he's NHL calibre yet, and you're talking about him being too good to be ab back up?

On what planet could he be traded to a team to be their #1 goalie?

Completely insane.

Ferris, for several years I've noticed many posts telling poster to give people their head a shake, calling people "out of your mind" and insane. Every second post using this technique are from you. It's very poor form and brings nothing to the argument.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Ferris, for several years I've noticed many posts telling poster to give people their head a shake, calling people "out of your mind" and insane. Every second post using this technique are from you. It's very poor form and brings nothing to the argument.

You can block the posters you deem objectionable.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Only way I see this happening is...

Budaj traded before season starts.

Brodeur gets a PTO with the Habs. If he is good sign him. Tokarski could play a whole other season as starter in the AHL.

NHL

Price
Brodeur

AHL

Tokarski
MacDonald

ECHL

Condin

IMO, I find it's not worth it based on the movement needed to make it happen. Plus I feel it would be a distraction for the club. Just if he doesn't get played enough the media can turn it into a crap show over playing time plus the whole French thing. It sounds stupid and immature but the Montreal media takes something and runs with it.

I could see the headlines Marty comes home, chance for the cup.. Lol even though he is 42 and passed his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00