Proposal: Brock Boeser for Miro Heiskanen or Cale Makar+

Status
Not open for further replies.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
We would if they wanted Heiskanen. Otherwise the deal is off. I wouldn't move Heiskanen for Hischier though I value Miro more.

That's why you don't see these types of trades. Virtually nobody on NJ would trade Hischier for Heiskanen and you can probably same the same from the Stars perspective.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
the Canucks problem when discussing trades for anyone good/potentially elite right now is we just dont have the depth of resources to have it make sense, yes, we could trade a Horvat/Boeser for a top 2 D, but then it just opens up another gaping problem, making the trade pointless in the grand scheme of things, patience, collecting & developing assets is the key for us over the next 2 years, Jet Woo & Tyler Madden are looking very promising from the 2018 draft class, so there is hope

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Question:

Would you say EP is worth more than BB?

If so, why would the teams move the players picked 1 and 2 spots ahead of EP when they could've just drafted him?

Pretty much every side here says no. Dal and Col aren't moving those guys and Van has Hughes who is a superstar in the making. Van has a ton of holes, keep rebuilding like every other team does to fill them.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Question:

If so, why would the teams move the players picked 1 and 2 spots ahead of EP when they could've just drafted him?

Pretty much every side here says no. Dal and Col aren't moving those guys and Van has Hughes who is a superstar in the making. Van has a ton of holes, keep rebuilding like every other team does to fill them.

Are you serious? The difference in value between EP and Boeser is astronomical. It's like asking if McDavid is worth more than Lucic.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
EP and Heiskanen are much closer in value than Boeser is to either. Career-wise Heiskanen could easily be better and more valuable than EP. But I do agree that right now EP has more value, but that's mostly due to young elite C's being able to provide more value than young Dmen do. C>D>>>>>>>>>>>>>W.

Maybe in your eyes. Heiskanen as a dman holds similar value, and to the Stars, Pettersson is the only thing that would get this deal done.

Not really

Pettersson has a real chance to be a top 5 player in this league and a chance (small) to be the best player not wearing 97. He isn’t available for anybody realistically

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Yes let’s trade our only top six elite goal scoring winger for a right handed offensive defensman who is yet to play an NHL game and may or may not be a top pairing guy. What could go wrong?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Question:

I dunno, why didn’t the flyers or devils take him? Teams make mistakes (not saying Heiskanen or Makar are bad picks, far from it). But Pettersson has been the best player from that draft

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Pettersson has a real chance to be a top 5 player in this league and a chance (small) to be the best player not wearing 97. He isn’t available for anybody realistically

I don't disagree. My point was simply that young, elite C never get moved for comparable D men. It's a proven fact that young C provide more value to teams in a cap era while also playing the more important position when we look at it career-wise.

Reactions: GoodbyeLuongo

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Question:

Are you serious? :laugh:

No kidding Pettersson has more value than Boeser...

And that is by far the worst argument I’ve ever seen. So because a team passed on a player years ago at the draft, they wouldn’t trade him for a player picked after him because they could have “just picked him”? Yeah I totally wouldn’t move Juolevi for Tkachuk or Virtanen for Ehlers it Pastrnak. What an awful logic.

Reactions: Love

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I don’t know that bowser fetches either of those players. I think Heiskenen will wins Norris at some point. Makar is just a perfect fit for what Colorado needs going forward, and with 2 potential top 10 pick, they’re set in about 3 years.

A Norris at some point? Yikes.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I dunno, why didn’t the flyers or devils take him? Teams make mistakes (not saying Heiskanen or Makar are bad picks, far from it). But Pettersson has been the best player from that draft

There were questions about how his play would translate. Now that it has though, even as a Devils fan I would say in a redraft you have 2 tiers at the top, EP alone in his own tier, and then Nico and Miro right behind before a major drop-off to the other more unproven players. I do put Nico above Miro though for the reasons outlined above. A 1C>1D and I think it's quite clear that Nico will become a solid 1C (probably something like top 10-20 league-wide). For Miro to surpass that value career-wise he'd literally have to be a perennial Norris contender, which is just as likely as Nico continuing to develop and end up as a top 5-10C in which case again, Nico would have more value. The same way people have this stupid idea that EP has less value for not being a 1OA, other folks think Nico won't be a top 1C due to being a "weak 1OA", but his trajectory has been fine. I honestly think he has more upside than a lot of guys who are held in higher regard, like for example Barzal.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
This is a nonstarter for both teams I think. We'll take Loui Eriksson back with salary retained for a 4th, though.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Are you serious? The difference in value between EP and Boeser is astronomical. It's like asking if McDavid is worth more than Lucic.

Thats the point, it was a rhetorical question to highlight why this trade is poor. The question is designed to have you answer the issues yourself not me sincerely asking an obvious one.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

He very well could be, the kid is a stud, but is Miro and Makar is looking like it as well. Those 3 players will likely define that draft as the best 3 imo. However if Col or Dal wanted him that badly they would have taken him and Van surely wouldn't move him now.

All 3 teams are happy and asking for any of the 3 thinking they are available from their teams is silliness

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Are you serious? :laugh:

No kidding Pettersson has more value than Boeser...

And that is by far the worst argument I’ve ever seen. So because a team passed on a player years ago at the draft, they wouldn’t trade him for a player picked after him because they could have “just picked him”? Yeah I totally wouldn’t move Juolevi for Tkachuk or Virtanen for Ehlers it Pastrnak. What an awful logic.

It was supposed to be an obvious question to highlight a point. All 3 players in Miro, Makar and EP are looking to be if not already are elite players that teams wouldn't move, and if it is absurd that EP has more value than BB, then it should be equally obvious how BB's value relates to the other 2.

Dal and Col had their options and they choose them and there is no reason for that decision to be any different now. Van is also just as happy.

Van's horrific ability to draft in years past isn't relevant or valid in this discussion in any way.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Petterson has been really good, but there are only 8 players from the 2017 NHL draft who have played more than 40 NHL games yet. Might be a tad early to start crowning anyone the "best player from that draft".

Skead

Aug 27, 2010
Vancouver
Petterson has been really good, but there are only 8 players from the 2017 NHL draft who have played more than 40 NHL games yet. Might be a tad early to start crowning anyone the "best player from that draft".
While you're not wrong, the chances are the players from the 2017 draft that are already producing are likely the top of the class, it's extremely rare for a player to be good enough to be top of class but not already be playing in the NHL. Also, Pettersson is putting up numbers that only have been bested by the likes of Ovi and Crosby, who are two of the best in the games. All signs are pointing to Pettersson being best in class by a country mile.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What team would trade you their young, high end 1C for Heiskanen? I would say none. You wouldn't get EP, you wouldn't get Hischier, you wouldn't get Barzal, etc. The best young C Heiskanen would command would be a Kotkaniemi type or something like a Horvat++. Maybe you could swing a Barkov, but there's a big age difference in that scenario.

Barkov is better then Hischier, and you could argue Barkov over Barzal

Anyways, I'm not going to get in an argument over value, but if Heiskanen reaches his potential I wouldnt trade him for many of the guys in the league. Look how dominant guys like Keith and Doughty were during there teams cup runs. Obviously those teams had great #1C's too. But having a guy who plays huge minutes to me is key in going far in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad