Proposal: Brock Boeser for Miro Heiskanen or Cale Makar+

Status
Not open for further replies.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Larsson for Boeser?

This makes more sense than either of the initial proposers. Dallas laughs their asses off if you offer Boeser for Heiskanen. He doesn't even get to sniff a Dman of that caliber. Boeser for Makar is probably closer in value, but I don't think Canucks fans will really be ok trading for such an unproven asset and I think COL fans and most people around the league value a potential 1D like Makar much higher than a winger like Boeser (and yes, Makar has that value just based on potential).

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Please. Heiskanen is terrific and you should absolutely value him highly.
Petey is on a different planet

EP and Heiskanen are much closer in value than Boeser is to either. Career-wise Heiskanen could easily be better and more valuable than EP. But I do agree that right now EP has more value, but that's mostly due to young elite C's being able to provide more value than young Dmen do. C>D>>>>>>>>>>>>>W.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
This makes more sense than either of the initial proposers. Dallas laughs their asses off if you offer Boeser for Heiskanen. He doesn't even get to sniff a Dman of that caliber. Boeser for Makar is probably closer in value, but I don't think Canucks fans will really be ok trading for such an unproven asset and I think COL fans and most people around the league value a potential 1D like Makar much higher than a winger like Boeser (and yes, he has that value just based on potential).

Oilers can add, but a RHD signed long term who is our rock on D is kind of what the OP was looking for.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Please. Heiskanen is terrific and you should absolutely value him highly.
Petey is on a different planet

Maybe in your eyes. Heiskanen as a dman holds similar value, and to the Stars, Pettersson is the only thing that would get this deal done.

Reactions: Cletus56

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
1. why in god's name would Dallas give up Heiskenen for Boeser?
2. why in god's name would the Canucks give up a proven elite NHL goalscorer for (maybe) a top 2 RHD in Makar?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Maybe in your eyes. Heiskanen as a dman holds similar value, and to the Stars, Pettersson is the only thing that would get this deal done.

I think the actual trade would be something like Horvat+Boeser for Heiskanen+ something. As good as Heiskanen is he won't get you a high-end young 1C. Just look at the Seth Jones trade. The best young C you could get for Heiskanen would probably be Kotkaniemi.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think the actual trade would be something like Horvat+Boeser for Heiskanen+ something. As good as Heiskanen is he won't get you a high-end young 1C. Just look at the Seth Jones trade. The best young C you could get for Heiskanen would probably be Kotkaniemi.

Heiskanen is as untouchable as it gets, and by far the most valuable player on the Stars. He will absolutely get a high end 1C if teams want any chance of acquiring him. Otherwise they shouldn't even bother calling in the first place

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Fair enough.

If the Heiskanen ship has sailed, then I’d knock on Colorado’s door asking for Makar.

I don't think that's likely. Colorado isn't going to move Makar until he actually plays in the NHL. If he's as good as expected, they aren't moving him for Boeser, let alone plus. Team's trade young, high end D for young, high end centers, not wingers.

Hughes looks like he'll be good, just wait for him.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
You trade Boeser and you open another massive weakness. We already have Hughes in the system. This trade would basically fix a weakness while opening another weakness. Our wingers after Boeser are very questionable. Plus Avs and Stars aren't giving up Heiskanen and Makar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barklez

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Heiskanen is as untouchable as it gets, and by far the most valuable player on the Stars. He will absolutely get a high end 1C if teams want any chance of acquiring him.

What team would trade you their young, high end 1C for Heiskanen? I would say none. You wouldn't get EP, you wouldn't get Hischier, you wouldn't get Barzal, etc. The best young C Heiskanen would command would be a Kotkaniemi type or something like a Horvat++. Maybe you could swing a Barkov, but there's a big age difference in that scenario.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What team would trade you their young, high end 1C for Heiskanen? I would say none. You wouldn't get EP, you wouldn't get Hischier, you wouldn't get Barzal, etc. The best young C Heiskanen would command would be a Kotkaniemi type or something like a Horvat++. Maybe you could swing a Barkov, but there's a big age difference in that scenario.

We would if they wanted Heiskanen. Otherwise the deal is off. I wouldn't move Heiskanen for Hischier though I value Miro more. You don't get a teams 19 year old #1 dman without giving up what they want in return.

You'd have to overpay to get him or give up something you don't want to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad