GDT: Bridgeport Sound Tigers @ Toronto Marlies: 4.28.16|7:30 - Sweep Sweep Sweep

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
graphics-sweeping-956028.gif

I had tickets for tomorrow's game. Oh well :laugh:

I also had tickets for tomorrow's game. Will make it up in the next round though.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Marlies 6, Sound Tigers 4 FINAL

1st BRI Cliche, (Dal Colle, Kearns) 6:00 (PP)
1st TOR C. Carrick 10:22 (PP)
2nd BRI Halmo, (Burroughs, Fritz) 0:42
2nd BRI Burroughs, (Lafranchise, Fritz) 10:34 (PP)
2nd BRI Cliche, (Kearns, Wotherspoon) 11:52 (PP)
2nd TOR Brennan, (C. Carrick, Arcobello) 14:54 (PP)
2nd TOR C. Carrick, (Campbell, C. Smith) 17:07
2nd TOR C. Carrick, (Nylander, Kapanen) 19:00
3rd TOR Loov 2:51
3rd TOR Hyman, (Leipsic, C. Carrick) 12:14

It's so nice to cheer for a team that can go down by 3 goals and you don't even have to worry.

Great game by Connor Carrick. 5 point night and now sits tied for the playoff scoring lead.

Sparks has yet to give up a goal in the playoffs and I think has earned the start in the next round.

On to play Albany. Albany has been playing great this playoff and aren't going to be an easy out. The Marlies can't afford to go down by 3 against them.

Round 2 starts on Wednesday, May 4, 7:30pm @ Ricoh.

Game 2 on the Friday.

Let's Go Marlies!!!

Last edited:

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
The new Leaf blood wiping the bitter taste of a 4-1 playoff elimination game out of Leaf fans mouths?

I wouldn't go that far, yet. But given how Bab's teams managed to play rope a dope this year these kids are going to ambush a good number of teams next year.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
sparks have been a lot better than bibeau in their short ahl careers, i dont know why we riding bibs

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Albany will give the marlies a run for their money. Should be a great series.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Sparks played a huge part in that comeback.

You'd have to think he's the guy going forward.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Sparks played a huge part in that comeback.

You'd have to think he's the guy going forward.
Well I can't imagine he doesn't start Game 1 at the very least and get a shot to carry the mail (minus back to back games). Bibeau has played well overall, but hard to argue with the guy who didn't allow a goal in this series...

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
The bad part about all this is that we have to wait another week for the Marlies to play again. :puppy:

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Nylander outplaying Dal Colle these playoffs reminds me of Marner outplaying Strome. Leafs guys outplaying guys drafted ahead of them.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
sweeeeeep!!!

fun game to watch live. I admit I didn't feel all that confident when it got to 4-1 but they buckled down and played some great hockey to get the win. Next round should be a fair bit tougher...

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Wanted to get this posted earliest possible for all of you.. and for me, because that feed tonight was terrible.. :shakehead

Marlies Highlights: Bridgeport @ Toronto: Game 3 - April 28, 2016

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Omg. that was such an amazing game. The atmosphere was electric. Even when we were down 4-1, the whole place was still very positive. the Gibson cheers were hilariously funny because it was at first, like wha tyou normally do - razz the goalie. then it was just getting louder, and louder, to the point where, regardless of what happened, it was just. GIIBBB....SOONNNN.... GIIIBBB...SOOONNNNNNNN.

my thoughts on the players really haven't changed from the last time I went to the game. Freddy is literally heads above everyone (he actually smiled and waved at me. though - maybe he was just i dunno. being nice, but I'll take it). Everyone else looks soooo tiny. I also met Kyle Dubas. He's really polite. I THINK I saw Shanahan way before the game but i wasn't sure.

but yah.. it really was an amazing game and I am hoping I can go again, though I doubt I'll be able to get seats amazing as I had - (i was right at ice level, on the visitor end, so I got to basically see the entire comeback :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad