Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Meanwhile Soderstrom picks up his first pro North American win in his first game, making 25 saves on 26 shots across from Eamonn McAdam.

Reactions: dood and Rengi

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Overrated list for October

1. Pumpkin flavored coffee
2. Brent Thompson's coaching ability
3. Islanders' Dman depth in the AHL
Coreau stinks and honestly other than the win they have gotten zero goaltending so it’s not exactly the defense fault. I think we will see Skarek tomorrow night and Gibson the next and perhaps never see Coreau again.

Reactions: MJF, dood and Rengi

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Meanwhile Soderstrom picks up his first pro North American win in his first game, making 25 saves on 26 shots across from Eamonn McAdam.

At least on the video he looked pretty good. The goal he allowed he overplayed an angle and got beat to the far side, but I chalk that up to rust as he hasn't played in a game in about a month. I'm guessing he plays again Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: dood

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
When they finally get rid of Thompson that will be the end of the old guard. I had high expectations for Bridgeport this year and this is not the start we should of been expecting as fans. It's time we get a real coach in there for the proper development of our players

Reactions: Thrasymachus

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Hmmm... would Assistant Coach John Gruden to Bridgeport make sense? Not, mid-season but next year.

He’s a former head coach in a development league. Might also be the pathway to an NHL position.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
I blame HoSang for this mess. He’s clearly messed up their chemistry with his me-first attitude.

Reactions: ekill08x

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Watching last night's game, the announcer/playbyplay guy mentioned that Koivula should be playing in the NHL soon...as well as Bellows AND Holmstrom. They said his strength is more developed compared to kids his age and that's why he will be playing in the NHL very soon.

Reactions: Rengi and dood

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Watching last night's game, the announcer/playbyplay guy mentioned that Koivula should be playing in the NHL soon...as well as Bellows AND Holmstrom. They said his strength is more developed compared to kids his age and that's why he will be playing in the NHL very soon.

But he can't help the Tigers win any games. I know Koivula's been out but the way Bardreau's handling himself Koivula will have to wait a while

Reactions: Rengi

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007

• Who, when, whatever: Sound Tigers at Wolf Pack, The Mall, Hartford, 7 p.m.
  • Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
  • Listen: Mixlr audio
  • Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Wolf Pack / Bob Crawford
  • Box score: Sure (R: Halkidis, C.Syvret; L: Simeon, Cooke)
  • Game notes: Not exactly what they were looking for last night, a game in which they led 2-1 and tied it at 3 before giving up four goals the rest of the way. Jared Coreau was in for all of them, making 34 saves on 41 shots (well, 40 shots, and one goal credited to Owen Tippett after Coreau’s clearing attempt from behind the Bridgeport net caromed in off Tippett). We’ll see if they go to Jakub Skarek from here. Meanwhile, Linus Soderstrom won his North American pro debut in Glens Falls. Hartford won again last night. No Vitali Kravtsov on the other side, healthy-scratched from the first Bridgeport game, heading back to Russia for the second.
  • Aren’t you supposed to be doing something else: Yep.
  • If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: Tomorrow, with the now-typical lineup exception.

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Thank god, Jakub Skarek starts in goal tonight vs Hartford!

Forwards:
Schilkey-Koivula-Holmstrom
Lorito-Kubiak-Bellows
Bourque-St. Denis-Bernier
Thomson-Jobst-McDonald

Defense:
Aho-Burroughs
Helgeson-Hutton
Wotherspoon-MacKinnon

Goal:
Skarek
Coreau