Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Those first five minutes were rough but the team tightened up after that and played much more evenly with Springfield. Lots of good chances but no results which is frustrating. Holmstrom is looking really great though, Koivula and Wahlstrom are looking like a nice pair too.
Very true, those 5 minutes at the start of the 2nd were really brutal. Youngsters really looking good though, like you said.

Reactions: islesfan3913

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, I can't watch a feed with all these flashing screens during stoppage. Gives me a headache.

I was considering getting AHL TV this season, but if the feed is regularly like this, I'll be passing for sure.
The AHLTV streams from Bridgeport and during playoffs had not these crappy flashing productions from jumbotron. I saw this annoying flashing the first time today on stream.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
so what do we have potentially in Holstrom after seeing him play a few periods? Can he get an NHL shot off one day?
He definitely is a legit prospect, but too early to tell so far as he has only 1 shot on goal so far.
It was a great save by Driedger, the Springfield goalie though... would have been 2-1 go-ahead goal for the Tigers.

Last edited:

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Simon Holmstrom again with a great wrist shot from the point, but Driedger fights it off, his 3rd SoG in the game now.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Thomas Hickey gets hit high with a hight hit to the head and remains laying on the ice... he heads off to the locker room with help.

5 minute major coming?

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
5 minute PP coming up for the Sound Tigers with a little under 11 minutes left, here’s their chance to get back in it.

Edit: scratch that, playing 4 on 4 and then there will be a 3 minute PP

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
like the great judge smails said: don't you have homes? Anyway, it's great see die hard NYI fans here. I guess scoping out the prospects. Hopefully they pop in a few on this 5 min PP

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Owen Tippett seals the game with his PP goal and 2nd point of the night. Game over for tonight it seems.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wahlstrom with 4 shots and Holmstrom with 3. Like seeing these kids shoot. They’ll start scoring if they continue to shoot.

Sounds like Koivula had a quiet game?

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Wahlstrom with 4 shots and Holmstrom with 3. Like seeing these kids shoot. They’ll start scoring if they continue to shoot.

Sounds like Koivula had a quiet game?
Otto made same nice plays, but nothing materialized in points. Season opener is forgettable from the result, but there are good performances.
Still the team is newly composed and the mix needs some time and patience. Soundtigers will get there with the season going on and gaining experience and knowing each results sure will go up!

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
get rid of Thompson! LOL

I know it's a joke but that should've happened in the offseason.

Of course he needs some time and this is an overreaction but is it wrong to say he can't coach?

I guess I'm along for the ride.
7ffe23c7-7f52-435c-9fb7-b308bc266678_text.gif

Last edited:

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Basically 5 min to start the 2nd period and 1 minute in 3rd sank the ship, it is inexperience playing within this new roster for all.

Reactions: islesfan3913
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad