Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Does anyone have Koivula’s faceoff %? AHL stats are not very in depth.
I’m not sure they keep it at ahl level I’ve never seen it even in arena. He seems ok on draws just thinking about the games I was at, he is very good defensively I’ve said before down low in both zones he is very good at using his size and strength.

Reactions: MJF

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Just bought tickets through the Isles Meetup CLT group for $1.25 a piece for next Tuesday against the Checkers!

Pumped to see JHS, Otto, Kieffer, Aho and the gang. :yo:

Reactions: SI90

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Sound tigers playing tonight. 7pm est. Anyone can watch for free this month. Everyone tune in. Ho sang is playing and Otto K is on fire! Also S aho is looking like a future stud.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Ho Sanger with an apple on his first shift. 23pts 27 AHL games. Ho sang = first player to 20pt mark in the AHL this season

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Ho sang having a really bad period, despite his 1 apple. A bad giveaway, doing lots of gliding and watching. Kid needs to get his head out of his behind and stop feeling sorry for himself.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Rathgeb with a nice goal. Ho sang with another assist. Ho sang with two apples on the night but honestly has had a bad game. Dogging it too much for me.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Rathgeb with a nice goal. Ho sang with another assist. Ho sang with two apples on the night but honestly has had a bad game. Dogging it too much for me.
Yes he definitely sulked a bit tonight without puck, he is better than this level when he has the puck. Rathgeb has a bomb of a shot and he is basically the 5th prospect on the Bridgeport defense.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Islanders-Rags, then Sound Tigers-Wolfpack nightcap. That’s a cool NHL-AHL doubleheader.

Reactions: 1CupSince

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Was at the game last night, they didn't play very well. Gibby looked good in the cage in a 1-0 loss.

As part of that Isles Meetup CLT group we got to go down to the tunnel before the second period. Some guys didn't care much for us Isles fans but there were a few that were all about it. Kieffer was pumped up about it and JHS was all smiles and made sure he fist bumped every fan.

Otto is ENORMOUS and showed off some slick hands. As others have mentioned, skating needs to be improved as he was definitely on the slower side.

Edit- Also, Kieffer was the last guy out of the tunnel and spoke to each player as they went out on the ice. Nice to see him taking a leadership role although he isn't wearing the "C."

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Was at the game last night, they didn't play very well. Gibby looked good in the cage in a 1-0 loss.

As part of that Isles Meetup CLT group we got to go down to the tunnel before the second period. Some guys didn't care much for us Isles fans but there were a few that were all about it. Kieffer was pumped up about it and JHS was all smiles and made sure he fist bumped every fan.

Otto is ENORMOUS and showed off some slick hands. As others have mentioned, skating needs to be improved as he was definitely on the slower side.

Edit- Also, Kieffer was the last guy out of the tunnel and spoke to each player as they went out on the ice. Nice to see him taking a leadership role although he isn't wearing the "C."

Makes sense, they are without a few key players (Toews/MDC/Aho/Bernier). I’m curious to see how much Koivula can improve his skating this offseason. The overwhelming consensus from the scouts and fans seems to be that his skating is the main thing keeping him from becoming a legit NHLer. The size, skill, and smarts seem to be there.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
So here is a first for me. I am looking at the Sound Tigers schedule and noticed they are playing Charlotte in Charlotte, where they played last night. I don't think I have ever scene back to back at the same teams arena? Saves on travel I guess.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So here is a first for me. I am looking at the Sound Tigers schedule and noticed they are playing Charlotte in Charlotte, where they played last night. I don't think I have ever scene back to back at the same teams arena? Saves on travel I guess.

Yeah, since they don't fly it makes the scheduling easier.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
4-1 tigers losing. Smith was pulled from net.

Ho sang having a dog of a game. Kid is gliding, doing one footed leg tapping cross overs turning around to back check like it's a pick up game.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
5-3 tigers 2nd intermission.

matt Gaudreau with 2 apples and playing great

JHS with a great last shift and an assist.

tigers give up goal with 8 secs left

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
So I take it JHS played well.

JHS had good moments and some great shifts. But he also had some stinkers. There was one super lazy back check where he was skating with one foot (extra lazy play). Things like that are his problem. Too much watching, bad turn overs and lazy plays.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I saw it many years ago when the Sound Tigers played back-to-back in Norfolk. I believe there was a day's rest in between.

Was interesting, because I was asked to do some interviews, which then didn't get published (although they were paid for).

The guys I interviewed a the time:
Norfolk - Panik, Gudas, Conacher, Janus, Ashton, Tokarski, Trevor Smith (former Sound Tiger)
Bridgeport - de Haan, Donovan, Poulin, Cizikas, Wishart

It was interesting. They split the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad