Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
How is his skill with the puck? Can he make plays for others?
Yes he seems to have good hands, he is very good along boards in both zones which may have been why they moved him to center. He is good defensively at center as well his skating is really he only downside. He works hard and uses his size well I think he can be a 3rd center in nhl if the skating improves. I actually think the smaller rink though here has made him a better player, if he can get skating up a knotch or two he will get shot here I doubt that comes this year though.

Reactions: Islesfan22

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Bridge has the 2nd best record in the league. If JHS and Toews stick, going to be hard to maintain; w that said, they finally have skilled depth for these kinds of situations.
They certainly will miss them but it’s a good team without them also, Chris bourque is on top line now and he has been one of the better ahl players the last ten years. They are going to get lorito back at some point and it looks like Stevens is returning at some point. They have handed more time to koivula, st Denis and eansor also with success. I think you could also see kuhnackel end up back in ahl and maybe even sbisa should he be interested in continuing career

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I actually just looked him up 2 minutes ago (still have the tab open), because I knew he was with Arizona. Doesn't look like he's played at all for them this year. Such a shame, I always thought he got the raw end of the Cappy situation.

His head is mush.... he's was on IR for an "upper body injury" at the beginning of the season. He really came into his own on HV71 in Sweden, just has a problem keeping his head up. He's prone to getting creamed when rushing the puck along the boards..... I think he's had a few concussions because of it.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Every time I hear about that kid Koivula it's negative. Glad he's doing well in Brisgeport but not getting my hopes up.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
His head is mush.... he's was on IR for an "upper body injury" at the beginning of the season. He really came into his own on HV71 in Sweden, just has a problem keeping his head up. He's prone to getting creamed when rushing the puck along the boards..... I think he's had a few concussions because of it.

Ullstrom? Last year, I posted a video of him concussing himself by leading with his face trying to hit Andrew Ladd. Ullstrom was a rookie and Ladd was with WPG. It was strange!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I want to see Aho up with the team. He's ready and so are Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon.

Aho and MVS - Toews too - are candidates for the 3rd pairing - at least initially. Its great that they're all ready, but realistically, unless we get a rash of injuries (which could happen), they aren't coming up. I just hope Toews stays in the lineup (or at least the rotation) when Hickey is healthy. There's no guarantee of even that happening.

Reactions: seafoam

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Sbisa goes on waivers and hopefully accepts his demotion. Better yet, someone actually claims him. When you think about it, he was the insurance if Toews wasn't ready. Now that we don't need him, waive him. No biggie.
Sbisa voluntarily playing for the Sound Tigers would be great. He could probably be effective at that level

Reactions: BTrotts19

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sbisa goes on waivers and hopefully accepts his demotion. Better yet, someone actually claims him. When you think about it, he was the insurance if Toews wasn't ready. Now that we don't need him, waive him. No biggie.

I believe the last time they actually lost was against Vegas (when Sbisa was in the lineup), so I think they know he’s just not that good.

With that said, we may be able to ride the wave a little while longer. If Eberle and Hickey are ready to come back I predict we see Dal Colle sent back down and Filppula go on IR. Sbisa will live to see another day.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sbisa voluntarily playing for the Sound Tigers would be great. He could probably be effective at that level

Helgeson already fills that role for BPT. There’s already too many veterans down there. If anything he’ll go on IR like Boulton.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I believe the last time they actually lost was against Vegas (when Sbisa was in the lineup), so I think they know he’s just not that good.

With that said, we may be able to ride the wave a little while longer. If Eberle and Hickey are ready to come back I predict we see Dal Colle sent back down and Filppula go on IR. Sbisa will live to see another day.

If my memory is correct, we played well against Vegas and allowed two goals in a minute or something stupid. Other than that, it was a game we should've won.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My hunch is that Trotz/Lou may be traditionalists who like to have a heavier defense. So I suspect Aho/MVS night have some trouble cracking the lineup (unless others are moved out).

Reactions: MJF

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I've seen Koivula play in juniors and in Finnish Liiga for about 5 games total, and I was never really impressed. But Im really glad he is doing well, has nice stats as of late. Hopefully he can transition to center long term, and be first center call up next year.
Koivula never played in juniors? I have been to 3 Tigers games. I think he needs a little more time. Not really basing this off his play but the fact that he is getting used to a new country, ice surface size, and position. That's a lot! Would hope he could spend the rest of the season at the Bridge(maybe a cup of coffee call up if needed for injury) and then see if he can play 3C next season if Filppula is not resigned.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If my memory is correct, we played well against Vegas and allowed two goals in a minute or something stupid. Other than that, it was a game we should've won.
Wrong Vegas game. The one at Barclays was as you described - we should have won that game. The last game we lost was in Vegas and while we had a 2-0 lead that we ultimately let up, we did not play well and deserved to lose.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
My hunch is that Trotz/Lou may be traditionalists who like to have a heavier defense. So I suspect Aho/MVS night have some trouble cracking the lineup (unless others are moved out).

Or at least have a nice mix of PMD/physical defender like Toews/Mayfield....Leddy/Boychuk. Pulock is a nice mix of both - he's on the bigger side but can still move the puck, but hardly a brawny/physical defender, but Pelech/Pulock certainly fits the bill.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Meh, Trotz has his “Orpik” in Boychuk, everyone else on Washington’s blueline was nothing crazy size wise, they were just tough. I think our blueline could have the same vibe over time.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Otto is only 20 years old. What great strides he's made. This guy is big, strong (6'5 220) and would be a dream 3C if he can put up 20-25 with solid D.

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad