Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Koivula's stock has risen - production and the switch to C.

I wonder if he can stick there because we certainly need depth.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Don't need him yet. Let him continue to marinate.
Oh I agree, he is raw and needs more time. But the potential for a 2/3rd line center with size is there. Maybe size isn't what it used to be, but I am old school. I like the idea of a power center who can block the goalie, crash nets etc.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Oh I agree, he is raw and needs more time. But the potential for a 2/3rd line center with size is there. Maybe size isn't what it used to be, but I am old school. I like the idea of a power center who can block the goalie, crash nets etc.

I'm right there with you. Having a good mix of smaller/quick/agile type of players and then some of the larger bodies, like a Malkin (not in any way comparing Koivula to Malkin in terms of talent, just size) really gives teams the ability to play in different types of games.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I actually just looked him up 2 minutes ago (still have the tab open), because I knew he was with Arizona. Doesn't look like he's played at all for them this year. Such a shame, I always thought he got the raw end of the Cappy situation.
Yeah Caveman-Capuano ruined him imho

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Rathgeb played RW on a line with Eansor and Gionta.

Bridgeport's depth this year is showing. Gaudreau was recalled with call ups, injuries and suspensions. If they needed another forward Josh Holmstrom would be the next guy called up.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I've seen Koivula play in juniors and in Finnish Liiga for about 5 games total, and I was never really impressed. But Im really glad he is doing well, has nice stats as of late. Hopefully he can transition to center long term, and be first center call up next year.

Reactions: seafoam

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Have you watched him play at Bridgeport?
He is not a good skater he will need to get that up two or three knotches before he is ready but skating can be improved. He uses size well, is good along boards, and has really taken to playing center. He is a good bottom six prospect but more likely to see time here end of next season or even season after he needs time to get the skating up to par.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
He is not a good skater he will need to get that up two or three knotches before he is ready but skating can be improved. He uses size well, is good along boards, and has really taken to playing center. He is a good bottom six prospect but more likely to see time here end of next season or even season after he needs time to get the skating up to par.
How is his skill with the puck? Can he make plays for others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad