Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
You bastard I was about to post the same thing. Michael Dal Colle what in the effin world. You can't almost average a goal per game and not raise the awareness by management. He hasssss to get the next call up. Has to, has to I tell you. I love Lou but Leo Komarov should not be there, that should be Dal Colle playing with Ho-Sang and Filipula.
Every time I watch these games, I can’t believe my eyes… LOL

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
I'd love to see MDC finish the season with 40+ goals and PPG numbers. Maybe the kid has top 6 potential after all.

I like your optimism but his skating is to clunky which is too bad cause he has hands. If he's a 3rd line winger who pots 20-20-40 points I'll be satisfied. Yes that's not what you want from your 5th pick in a first round but compared to what I thought at the end of last year I'll take it.

Reactions: WangMustGo

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I go to a lot of games in Bridgeport over years and to me he might be most improved player from one season to next I’ve ever seen. He is night and day a better player he looks like the junior player we drafted fifth overall. His play has had to open eyes and put him back in mix as a prospect within organization. He has great hands he always has but he has added grit this year. His skating is also better he is just stronger physically and it’s showing. His confidence is up also he makes plays with puck now last year when he had puck it was like a hot potato.
It was mentioned in the Marner article in the Athletic that MDC trains with him and that they do all sorts of wacky training exercises like train with a vest full of water. Hopefully this intense training has given him some strength and explosiveness.

Reactions: dood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It’s hard not to be excited about a number of prospects in Bridgeport right now. What’s the most impressive thing about it all is that they are one of the better teams in the league with the prospects leading the way. The Bourques and Bernier/Gionta are really playing support roles while players like Aho, Dal Colle, and Koivula leading the way.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't want to get excited about Koivula, but I am getting excited about Koivula.
:eek: :naughty:

6d310c4111b302a3a5a5e0311c6687e1.png

Reactions: PROMputt and MJF

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Aho with another 3 As. He’s now got 23 pts in 28 games. 52 pts in 68 games for his AHL career. Pretty impressive.

Honestly both him and Dal Colle (who is PPG now) are impressing.

Dal Colle is rekindling that goal scoring touch from juniors now that he’s adjusted to the AHL, and Aho is literally .76PPG as a defenseman in his first two seasons on North American ice. Playing pro before must have helped for sure, but he looks to have mastered the league in a short amount of time.

Aho is easily the next call-up on the defense. Dal Colle on the other hand I would like to continue to marinate. He seems like the type that takes a little longer to get comfortable with something, but eventually comes around and in a good way (I know the type). I’d wanna see him do what he’s doing now for 50-60 games before wanting to call him back call him up (barring an injury expediting it).

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
That friggin' goal by MDC....I was watching the last games highlights on a cell phone screen on youtube and saw this guy break through two defenders cutting to the goal and beating the goalie wide. It was a classic power forward goal. It wasn't until I saw the slow-mo that I noticed it was MDC!!! Beaut of a goal. Really liking the game he's playing and I think he can carve out a nice role right where JHS is now when the times right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad