Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I have this bad feeling we won't see him again in North America. I really think that is why Skarek was drafted.
Why? He's still under contract for 2 more yrs. I wonder what his injury is / what happened to him. He should of been playing for BP already, at least as Gibson's backup. Was his injury that severe?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Love to hear how they looked? I saw the boxscore, 1 for 7 in the PP and gave up the tying goal with less than a minute in the game.

Shootout win so took 2 points is the most important thing but the two facts above seem like negatives.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I’m not sure what it is, and I’m definitely no expert, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a release like Bellows. It’s scary fast

Reactions: BelovedIsles

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’m not sure what it is, and I’m definitely no expert, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a release like Bellows. It’s scary fast
Kid is a scorer just knows where to go to score goals. He is a safe sure fire NHL top 9 forward just based on he probably will score 15 goals a year on PP in nhl. His wrist shot is wicked and accurate, I watched Wahlstrom last night and while he only has 2 goals in 9 games I have heard he could have 15 with the posts and goalies robbing him. He has like 40 shots on goal in 9 games we should have two elite scorers coming soon for Barzal

Reactions: Islesfan22

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Kid is a scorer just knows where to go to score goals. He is a safe sure fire NHL top 9 forward just based on he probably will score 15 goals a year on PP in nhl. His wrist shot is wicked and accurate, I watched Wahlstrom last night and while he only has 2 goals in 9 games I have heard he could have 15 with the posts and goalies robbing him. He has like 40 shots on goal in 9 games we should have two elite scorers coming soon for Barzal

As impressive of a release Bellows has, Wahlstrom's release is purported to be on another level. That's pretty scary.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Why? He's still under contract for 2 more yrs. I wonder what his injury is / what happened to him. He should of been playing for BP already, at least as Gibson's backup. Was his injury that severe?

I’ve said the same thing since the day he was drafted. He will never succeed in another country than Sweden because of his syndrome. I thought it was a waste of a draft pick, and I still think the same... and I’m also Swedish. However, I still hope that I will be proven wrong.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
As impressive of a release Bellows has, Wahlstrom's release is purported to be on another level. That's pretty scary.
I think that's just internet hype, to be honest. I know there was an article by Scott Wheeler (who's a total hack) about their shots, but it totally ignored Bellows' ability.

Wahlstrom is certainly up there, don't get me wrong, but he's been overhyped a bit, I think. His release isn't as quick as Bellows' and Kieffer also has a harder, more accurate slapper. Wahlstrom does have a lot of the same weaknesses as Bellows, though, which is often overlooked.

Wahlstrom is good at changing the angle of his shot, like say a James Neal, and he's probably better at this than Bellows, but that's because Bellows doesn't have to. He has a Kessel-like release and can get rid of it before you realize its on his stick. Wahlstrom is slower at handling the puck and just isn't as lightning quick as Bellows.

I think it will be abundantly clear when both make the NHL that Bellows has not only the best shot, but best array of shots in the organization.

Reactions: dood

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I think that's just internet hype, to be honest. I know there was an article by Scott Wheeler (who's a total hack) about their shots, but it totally ignored Bellows' ability.

Wahlstrom is certainly up there, don't get me wrong, but he's been overhyped a bit, I think. His release isn't as quick as Bellows' and Kieffer also has a harder, more accurate slapper. Wahlstrom does have a lot of the same weaknesses as Bellows, though, which is often overlooked.

Wahlstrom is good at changing the angle of his shot, like say a James Neal, and he's probably better at this than Bellows, but that's because Bellows doesn't have to. He has a Kessel-like release and can get rid of it before you realize its on his stick. Wahlstrom is slower at handling the puck and just isn't as lightning quick as Bellows.

I think it will be abundantly clear when both make the NHL that Bellows has not only the best shot, but best array of shots in the organization.
I have not seen enough of Wahlstrom to say who has the better shot or quicker release but I have seen enough of Bellows to know his shot is legit. Not sure if Wahlstrom just needs a change of scenery at BC or he needs a playmaker at center to be effective. His shot total is high so maybe just snakebitten. Either way both guys have elite shots and I’m sure one will be playing with Barzal one day.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I have not seen enough of Wahlstrom to say who has the better shot or quicker release but I have seen enough of Bellows to know his shot is legit. Not sure if Wahlstrom just needs a change of scenery at BC or he needs a playmaker at center to be effective. His shot total is high so maybe just snakebitten. Either way both guys have elite shots and I’m sure one will be playing with Barzal one day.
Bellows is just a scorer having seen him play in Bridgeport he isn’t a great playmaker or puck handler. I’ve only seen Wahlstrom once so no idea exactly but I’ve read he is better all around skill player. Bellows also plays with some edge to his game which I like he always finishes his checks which is just a little thing but I like it.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Bellows is just a scorer having seen him play in Bridgeport he isn’t a great playmaker or puck handler. I’ve only seen Wahlstrom once so no idea exactly but I’ve read he is better all around skill player. Bellows also plays with some edge to his game which I like he always finishes his checks which is just a little thing but I like it.
Ho sang seems to be involved a lot from what i have seen. Constant playmaker on the ice. Could have easily had three assists yesterday. Ho sang compared himself recently to a soccer midfielder in a recent interview. I am hoping he can be like Gomez one day Lou does not move him.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Ho sang seems to be involved a lot from what i have seen. Constant playmaker on the ice. Could have easily had three assists yesterday. Ho sang compared himself recently to a soccer midfielder in a recent interview. I am hoping he can be like Gomez one day Lou does not move him.
Ho sang has played very well wish he’d shot a bit more like Barzal. Tigers are red hot scored a ton last week and got good goaltending and played better defense with back to back 2-1 wins just finding ways to win.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Eansor was the hero last night with the winner midway in the 3rd. It's always someone contributing, teams who have that going for them are usually successful ones. Gibson played well and it's encouraging to see back to back games with only 2 goals allowed.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Eansor was the hero last night with the winner midway in the 3rd. It's always someone contributing, teams who have that going for them are usually successful ones. Gibson played well and it's encouraging to see back to back games with only 2 goals allowed.

When did Eansor get back? I thought he was still hurt? Any word on Stevens?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Adding Lorito.. they already are top five in goals I believe. It’s like adding a top winger at the deadline but for the A

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Wahlstrom has an even better release on his shot. Most accounts had us taking the best pure scorers in last two drafts in Bellows and Wahlstrom.
Bellows was drafted in 2016, same year as Patrik Laine. Nothing against Bellows (or Wahlstrom) but I think Laine is the best "natural" goal scorer. And Auston Matthews is also very good at it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I am wary - hard to convert a natural winger.
He's only 20. Give the kid the rest of the season and training camp to play Center and lets see what happens. Who knows - maybe he'll take to it. Would be great for roster flexibility if he could step in at Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad