Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
If this team could figure out how to give up less goals they could be a tough one to beat. So much offensive depth, every night it is someone different that is contributing offensively. It's nice that there is balance and they don't have to rely on one player. There is a strong core of vets with Bernier, Gionta, Sislo, and Chris Bourque. This offensive lineup will be scary once Matt Lorito is healthy.

If they can allow less goals they'll be Calder Cup contenders.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Bottom line is he is ending his 4th pro season and the Islanders probably want to decide if he has a role in the NHL with them or not.

This is the start of his 3rd Full AHL season. again don't see the point of not qualifying at the end of the year. They won't have issues with more than 50 contracts.

Dal Colle should continue to improve his game B port

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
This is the start of his 3rd Full AHL season. again don't see the point of not qualifying at the end of the year. They won't have issues with more than 50 contracts.

Dal Colle should continue to improve his game B port
What's Dal Colles waiver status next year? Does it make a difference on waiver eligibility if he stays down this season, or if he plays X amount of games up?

Anyone got an idea?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What's Dal Colles waiver status next year? Does it make a difference on waiver eligibility if he stays down this season, or if he plays X amount of games up?

Anyone got an idea?
MDC & JHS were drafted in 2014.

I think this is the last season they could be sent down,without the risk of being plucked off waivers.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Connor Jones scored the 3rd bridgeport goal which proved to be the winner. Ryan Bourque had 2 assists and looks like Gibson played a solid game. Like I said earlier, everyone contributes! Today it was Jones, Burroughs recently, Koivula. Ho Sang is not scoring goals but it sure setting tons up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
MDC & JHS were drafted in 2014.

I think this is the last season they could be sent down,without the risk of being plucked off waivers.

MDC would have to pass thru waivers next season.

I'd still qualify him and see if he makes the team, but my preference is that he continues to build up value tearing up AHL and maybe can be part of a package for a key piece either in the top 6, at C or on the blueline

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Glad to see both MDC &
MDC would have to pass thru waivers next season.

I'd still qualify him and see if he makes the team, but my preference is that he continues to build up value tearing up AHL and maybe can be part of a package for a key piece either in the top 6, at C or on the blueline

Glad MDC and JHS are playing well. As you point out..... building up their trade value.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Glad to see both MDC &

Glad MDC and JHS are playing well. As you point out..... building up their trade value.
Koivula is a bad skater but everything else he can do, he can be s power forward as he plays like it he is really good along boards. He is skating will be project for him though so he will need time. The last few games they played like a legit top team in Ahl and even got some goaltending the last couple games. They added good veterans in spots but the way I see it there are still quite a few prospects in the team. MDC, Bellows and Koivula on LW, JHS RW, St Denis as a C and pretty much the D other than Helgeson. Even Burroughs is young and could be a depth NHler.

Reactions: dood

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone know what is going on with Easor or Stevens? I assume they are injured but Stevens isn't even listed on the active roster on EP.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Anyone know what is going on with Easor or Stevens? I assume they are injured but Stevens isn't even listed on the active roster on EP.
Him and Loritto are technically on the Isles roster since they were hurt during preseason.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Another morning game tomorrow. This one in Hartford at 11AM.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Eansor was hurt. I saw he skated with the team recently, but I know Eansor has been on the shelf.
I’ve heard Stevens could be out for year or at least well into second half of season. He evidently hurt his knee pretty good in camp. Lorito is also going to be out a while I think he hurt his shoulder.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Eansor is healthy now.

Burroughs and Bernier are both suspended for today's game due to two separate charging offenses. Bernier's is a two game suspension.

Other news:

Hitchcock and Gaudreau assigned to Worcester. Hitchcock needs ice time and Worcester is terrible so far.

Kosorenkov was never signed to an AHL deal with Bridgeport but was signed to a AHL deal with San Jose and will remain in Worcester I believe. With one point in 4 ECHL games he wasn't wowing anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->