Waived: Brian Lashoff (Cleared, Sent to Grand Rapids)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Lashoff cleared?

I can't believe no one wanted such an important player for nothing :sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think he is going to have a long career being an AHL captain. I just don't think he is talented enough to be an NHL guy. Still this will be solid for the Griffins and I wouldn't mind if he isn't going the Europe route to slap the C on him and sign him to be a leader down there.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I think people may want to temper expectations here. I have a feeling this is a temporary thing, just to get Lash some playing time. I'd be surprised if Holland suddenly changed his m.o. overnight.

Wings27

Mar 2, 2014
Michigan
I think people may want to temper expectations here. I have a feeling this is a temporary thing, just to get Lash some playing time. I'd be surprised if Holland suddenly changed his m.o. overnight.

But with Lashoff already down Holland has no excuse to not ice the best team possible. He keeps his depth and let's Babcock play the defense he wants.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
But with Lashoff already down Holland has no excuse to not ice the best team possible. He keeps his depth and let's Babcock play the defense he wants.

That's true. This is most definitely good news, and it should have happened day 1. I'm just guarding myself from the very real possibility that after 10 or so games of seeing what Marchy (and perhaps Sproul) brings, Holland goes back to his "tried & true" formula for the sake of preserving depth.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I'm just guarding myself from the very real possibility that after 10 or so games of seeing what Marchy (and perhaps Sproul) brings, Holland goes back to his "tried & true" formula for the sake of preserving depth.
I highly suspect that the only way Lashoff gets re-promoted is in the case of 3 injuries on Defence. The first 2 would be Kindl/Ouellet (as the defenders not currently playing which would) and then push Lashoff back up over say Sproul/Jensen. Even then, its iffy because Jensen wouldnt require Waivers which who is to say Jensen is worse than Lashoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad