Waived: Brian Lashoff (Cleared, Sent to Grand Rapids)

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Marchenko + Pulkkinen...I wouldn't agree to add anything till I had a look at Marchenko vs nhl talent.

Hatcher in his prime would be fine. The banged up pylon that Detroit had a decade ago didn't cut it. Myers is what...24?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Plot twist.. won't hurt us to see what we have in Marchenko, if we get one injury I think he plays over Kindl in the playoffs.. Or he runs with it and switches places with Ouellet on the depth chart for now.

He's been their best D in Grand Rapids. He deserves some games..

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Would be interesting to see if they shop Marchy for Myers or another player. Either way, hope to see XO up more in the future.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Uggh. More "showcase" talk

If he comes up and plays well, why would we want to trade him?
If he comes up and plays like crap, why would anyone want to trade for him?

I don't get why everyone just accepts than "showcasing" is a thing.

Because there's a finite amount of roster space.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
During all home games Babcock needes to ice a line of Datsyuk Zetterberg Sheahan Kronwall Marchenko and match them against the oposings teams 4th line all game. We can convince other scouts that Marchenko should be in talks for the Norris.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So Ouellet was re-assigned to Grand Rapids as well.

Also this from Holland:

"I think Marchenko has played well in the AHL. We need to give Marchenko an opportunity," Holland said. "We had the opportunity to look at (Teemu) Pulkkinen and Ouellet. We might take a look at one or two more kids so we know what we got."

I think this mentality of "seeing what the kids got" has been missing the last few seasons. It's nice to see that changing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Promote Marchenko + Sproul in 2 years and sign Petry at next summer. After that no one talks about handnesses anymore.

Except we have Kronwall, Ouellet, Dekeyser, and then Ericsson signed til 2020

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Except we have Kronwall, Ouellet, Dekeyser, and then Ericsson signed til 2020

Someone has to go eventually. We all knew we had too many D man. If it were up to me, it would be Ericsson. That's only if Marchenko and Sproul turns out to be a serviceable D man for us in the future.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Also this from Holland:

"I think Marchenko has played well in the AHL. We need to give Marchenko an opportunity," Holland said. "We had the opportunity to look at (Teemu) Pulkkinen and Ouellet. We might take a look at one or two more kids so we know what we got."

I think this mentality of "seeing what the kids got" has been missing the last few seasons. It's nice to see that changing.

I think Holland is getting some nibbles and needs to know what pieces he has and what they'll get on the market.

Which would you rather give up, Marchenko or Ouellet? I don't know either.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Also this from Holland:

It's easier when you're not struggling for a playoff berth.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Kindl's level of play and his contract make him untradeable. If he was making lashoff money holland could get a pick for him.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
About time, no offense to Lashoff because he's a servicable 7th D-man, but this makes me really excited to see what Marchenko can do.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Kindl's level of play and his contract make him untradeable. If he was making lashoff money holland could get a pick for him.

For this year definitely. After this year though a cap floor team might be interested. He will have 2 years left on his contract after this year so he might have some value (think a low round draft pick round 4-7) + maybe a expiring contract (prospect bust that comes off the books that year's offseason).

He is a capable 3rd line D man. A cap floor team tanking it up might want him for 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->