Waived: Brian Lashoff (Cleared, Sent to Grand Rapids)

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Kindl has been healthy for a couple games I think. XO has played Kindl and Lashoff out of a roster spot. Hopefully Kenny is trying to make room for a significant UFA signing on D.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
hahha I tried posting. Oh well. Awesome news for Oullet, and also Babcock I guess? Oullet deserved a spot, Lashoff has been great depth on Defense, I hope he gets claimed by a team that will use him, or that he ends up helping out the Griffins a ton. Dude went undrafted, earned himself a spot on an NHL roster, and played 125~ games at the NHL level, including time spent on the top defense pairing with Niklas Kronwall. Good for him.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
About time. Smell ya later Trashoff. Now do the right thing Kenny, and release Clears. Grand Rapids needs his "in the room" presence.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Plot twist.. won't hurt us to see what we have in Marchenko, if we get one injury I think he plays over Kindl in the playoffs.. Or he runs with it and switches places with Ouellet on the depth chart for now.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Looks like Kindl is now the #7 (expensive #7)

This is a direct result of Xavier Ouellet proving he belongs in the NHL.
I think this means he is now a Red Wing.

This bumps Kindl from 6 to 7 (semi-perma-scratch)

This is an expensive perma scratch player.
This will expedite trade attempts on Kindl.

Also it shows that Ken Holland still sees Kindl as > than Lashoff. At least in the ceiling of his talent.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
About time for Lashoff to be done here. Nothing personal. But didn't expect that XO - twist right now.
Can't say that I'm sad about it. XO made a good impression, but his performance got less stable lately.
So, why not giving Marchenko a shot?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is great. We dump Kindl at the end of the year, and Jensen steps in as thw #7 next year.

Get a depth guy with elite skating and RH shot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Grab your chunk of cheese Marchy! Babs has got him a righty, I'm glad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad