Waived: Brian Lashoff (Cleared, Sent to Grand Rapids)

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Nice, I'm thinking that Sproul and Jensen will probably see a few games too. These Buffalo rumors slightly worry me though. I would hate to see us give an arm and a leg for Myers, and he ends up turning into last year's Byfuglien. Myers is not very good at all, and tends to jump into plays more then he should.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
i"d really like to see Jensen get a look. I think he has a good NHL style game. I'm probably wrong but I'd like to be proven so

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
During his call-up? Or in the long-term?

Long term, but I wouldn't even call it "long." I think by early next season Marchenko will have the edge on Ouellet. From the times I've seen him, Marchenko plays a pretty safe game so I wouldn't expect him to "wow" us right away. But I think he'll be solid game in and game out with minimal mistakes. Mostly because I think he is NHL ready right now.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Long term, but I wouldn't even call it "long." I think by early next season Marchenko will have the edge on Ouellet. From the times I've seen him, Marchenko plays a pretty safe game so I wouldn't expect him to "wow" us right away. But I think he'll be solid game in and game out with minimal mistakes. Mostly because I think he is NHL ready right now.

I haven't seen him play. How comparable to DD would you say he is?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
cough Ericsson cough

Honestly, hes already the worst of the 4 pretty much. At least he has been this year.

Its not so much how he has done this year as much as it is that 2 of the rh options coming up are solid stay at home types that would replace him eventually (not immediately due to him being a 2nd pairing d man) in Jensen and Marchenko. Jensen might not make it with the wings but he would be a solid 5-6 pairing d man that skates like the wind. Plus with him specifically while he might not be a puck moving pp qb or anything in the times I have viewed him I believe he has some latent offensive upside.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Its not so much how he has done this year as much as it is that 2 of the rh options coming up are solid stay at home types that would replace him eventually (not immediately due to him being a 2nd pairing d man) in Jensen and Marchenko. Jensen might not make it with the wings but he would be a solid 5-6 pairing d man that skates like the wind. Plus with him specifically while he might not be a puck moving pp qb or anything in the times I have viewed him I believe he has some latent offensive upside.

I really like Jensen too Odin. I am hoping he surprises alot of people and makes the NHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I disagree.

I don't understand why people think Ouellet doesn't have a nice ceiling. Everyone says defenseman take longer to develop and Ouellet is taking people's jobs at 21. I think he has the highest ceiling after Sproul. Not surprising though for a guy TZE likes to compare to Vlasic, who is consistently one of the most underrated guys out there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I think since Lashoff was waived, Jensen will be the #7 next year. Which is another reason I like this move.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
i"d really like to see Jensen get a look. I think he has a good NHL style game. I'm probably wrong but I'd like to be proven so

me too. I like that he is able to skate it out when there isn't any pass available

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

Id agree with that. If Marchenko turns into a top 4 and Jensen is a good 5th/6th your looking at:

Kronner, Dekeyser
Ouellet, Marchenko
Smith/X, Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad