Waived: Brian Lashoff (Cleared, Sent to Grand Rapids)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Knowing how much Holland likes to hold onto players (even bad ones), I give him props for doing this.

Thought the need 8 guys who have played in the NHL a lot argumebt was weak, given how close XO and Marchy are. Glad to see that didn't stop Holland.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8m8 minutes ago
Wings need to assess what they have in Marchenko before the March 2 trade deadline.

Was just about to post this has to be a move with the TD in mind. Not just to see what we have, but I imagine to showcase XO/Marchenko to potential suitors as potential pieces.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8m8 minutes ago
Wings need to assess what they have in Marchenko before the March 2 trade deadline.

I like this line of thinking a lot.

If Marchy excels (you never know), you stand pat.

If he doesn't improve us much, go ahead and trade for a RHD.

I think one way or another Babcock is getting himself a righty.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012

Totally...and that may help keep Babs in Detroit. Good stuff.

Wouldn't break my heart a bit if these moves make Smith expendable in the near future either.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

If he excels you can also start dangling some other prospects because you know you have two keepers in Ouellet and Marchenko.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Uggh. More "showcase" talk

If he comes up and plays well, why would we want to trade him?
If he comes up and plays like crap, why would anyone want to trade for him?

I don't get why everyone just accepts than "showcasing" is a thing.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
If Marchenko comes up and plays well then he has value as an asset in a trade for an nhl ready RHD that could FINALLY help shore up Detroit's back end heading into the playoffs. If he comes up and shows that he's not nearly ready to make the jump then Detroit will know where they stand with him. It's kind of a win-win for DRW. Any way you look at it, Kenny has to know how Marchenko looks when faced with nhl level talent...figuring that out before TDL is a no-brainer.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Bleh. Maybe they're trying to swing Pulkk + Marchy for Myers or something

I'd add a pick in there and it could make sense. Of course, other fans will say it's not even close to being enough, but with Zadorov, Ristolainen and the other yound D, Myers might become a luxury.

Excited to see Marchenko play again after his one game last year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was going to say, kind of wish we did this with Jarnkrok last year.

Last year, the Wings traded Calle Jarnkrok at the deadline without having gotten a good look at him with the Wings. This year, there's more emphasis on seeing more of the prospects, with the possibility that Mitch Callahan could also be called up over the coming month.

I like that Holland is stepping outside his comfort zone and being proactive. Even though it's not a big move, I like what it represents.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

I like thst Holland is stepping outside his comfort zone and being proactive. Even though it's not a big move, I like what it represents.

Yea, this must be hard for him but makes so much sense. I just wish we had done it a bit sooner. Based on Jensens play in camp he deserves some games as well.

I'd hate to see Pulky go but Pulk+Marchenko would make sense for Myers. I want Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Larkin more than Pulks.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I like thst Holland is stepping outside his comfort zone and being proactive. Even though it's not a big move, I like what it represents.

they should give Ferraro a look, too. agree about it being a good thing that Holland is making sure to get these kids a look.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm not sure Marchenko+Pulkkinen+2015 1st for Tyler Myers would be worth it

Myers just screams Derian Hatcher to me

Talent Analysis

Myers has premier size and excellent potential as an offensive defenseman. At this early stage in his development, he is already a great skater, but needs to become a more reliable passer and point man.

If it says that Myers is a great skater, then he's already better than Hatcher. Hatcher is no slouch either, he played in the Olympics and captained his Dallas team to a Cup Final.

Now the Hatcher we had on the Red Wings is a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad