Confirmed with Link: Brian Elliott signs 1 year $2M

Dark One

Aug 14, 2009
It's ridiculous how so many people react with the same tired old negative .gif responses on Twitter. What were folks expecting here? They had to sign a backup goalie and now have one at a reasonable cost with plenty of starting experience should injury/workload fatigue set in on Hart.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Can't have a former Flyer win the Cup if you bring back the whole team...

giphy.webp

AMac....

Just saying

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Well, if they can lock up TK long term at 4.75 per, and you deduct Lyon and 1.025 from Schlemko from the total, this leaves them roughly 12.1 million in available cap space. Should be plenty to sign Laughton and Provy, carry a kid on an ELC and still open the season with a 2 million or so cap cushion.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Gotta think they give him 30-35 games. Try to keep Hart as fresh as possible if they make the playoffs.

He’s an okay choice. Seems like a very solid guy to have back up Hart... 3 years ago.

I would question the durability, there is a definite gamble here. The health is the key.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The good thing is they have more depth at the position than when they started the season with Elliott & Neuvirth both in shaky health.

For one, they have Hart who proved he can be the #1 at a young age.

For two, Elliott had a normal offseason, rather than a post-surgery one.

For three & four, they have Sandstrom & Ustimenko in North America & a phone call away.

And a healthy Lyon also under contract.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Assuming the lesser workload he should get keeps him healthy, this seems like the best available option.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm fine.

I think Elliot is fine as a backup.

If for some reason there's an issue with Hart, Elliot can start in a punch. Assuming he hadn't been ridden into the ground already, I'm sure he'll answer the call.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I wanted a 1 yr goalie and HOPEFULLY Sandstrom ready to be backup in 20-21. If he healthy its the right move. Also hope that IF say hart misses 4 weeks with an injury. AV doesn't pull a HAK and play Elliott 8 out of 9 games.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It was Elliott or McElhinney for me.

The wet dream was Khudobin.

I’d have chased McElhinney, or gambled on Talbot. I don’t think the talent level is that much higher in Elliot, to warrant the health risk (which imo is warranted) if you could explore other options.

I tend to view things on a more negative side, but again... did the team rush to sign someone before exhausting all other options?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad