Rumor: Brian Campbell wants out..?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Is he frustrated? Hope so. Who's fault was that?? Previous ownership with their cap crap and last year's sale halting everything.

Maybe Tallon is saying he didn't request a trade to retain Soup's value, also tweeted byGR, but I just don't see it. Doesn't seem like Campbell, as I said Louie's here again, promises of spending and we can, kid it makes sense to unlike "spend to cap" Cohen and it was far too late.

Don't think Soup is frustrated with the Panthers, perhaps ownership rubbish, but that's over.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Do not confuse rumors with news.

This is Tallon's last shot at this team. He's going to take his time and make sure he picks the right coach, trade, etc.

Could be true. But still Viola would be an idiot to let him go eventhough it seems to inevitably remain in fashion to always look for a scapegoat. Cannot blame Tallon for having both hands tied behind the back the past seasons. Can just imagine the frustration from his behalve. If he had the money before, that apparently has been promised to build up for 2014-15, you can just wonder what the team would look like now. He does deserve a season or two to actually work with proper tools and show what he can do.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Could be true. But still Viola would be an idiot to let him go eventhough it seems to inevitably remain in fashion to always look for a scapegoat. Cannot blame Tallon for having both hands tied behind the back the past seasons. Can just imagine the frustration from his behalve. If he had the money before, that apparently has been promised to build up for 2014-15, you can just wonder what the team would look like now. He does deserve a season or two to actually work with proper tools and show what he can do.

Viola seems like many things. An idiot is not one of them.

I'd bet he knows he has the right guy in DT. Lets hope you're right and he gives him a few more years to complete his master plan.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014

I completely agree. Tallon is a great GM in my opinion, we could have (and have had) A LOT worse than him. Its hard to judge GMs in markets like ours, who have been plagued by cheap ownership for years. Some GMs get all the money they want, every single year, and still don't win the Cup.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's been crap the last two years. He's only our best player because our team isn't good. We have plenty of time to salvage losing him. If this team is serious about spending money we'll be fine. If they're going to be cheap, we're screwed regardless of having Campbell.

I agree. Barkov is already our best player. And he plays every shift like he gives a crap, unlike Campbell. If we can get a top 6 forward for him, this is actually a positive IMO.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Completely disagree. He actually tried when he was with Garrison. He gave up the last two seasons and now it's no surprise because he didn't want to be here. I know it's impossible but if you were to look through the GDTs you'd see me and others voicing our displeasure with him and his effort level. He might be a good player but he certainly wasn't playing like one.

Agreed, the effort level hasn't been there. Its not because he plays 25 min/night. He's lost interest in this team and now he wants out.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The likelyhood of signing multiple top4 d-men is slim to none. Even one is a reach that we should be happy with.

Losing Campbell would virtually mean that the top pairing is Kuli and whoever hopefully signs. That would more than likely also mean that Jovo would get regular minutes on the bottom pairing.

It's hard to stay positive if Campbell is leaving, that d-core (UFAs or not) would be McDavid worthy if that happens. Sigh..

If we can't even sign two top 4 dmen then this franchise is screwed. If the only thing holding us together is a 35 year old uninspired Campbell, then this franchise is screwed. Might as well get McDavid or Eichel then.

Of course we can sign two top 4 guys. Money talks. If Viola turns out to be a liar and doesn't spend big money, well then, that's a different story.

FlaPanthers7

May 31, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trading an aging Campbell if we're serious about throwing big time bucks at guys like Orpik or Niskanen to shore up the D. You've got Louie in the pipes, now build out by having a solid top 4 D and use Campbell to bring in a top 6 forward? That would be worth exploring IMO and means you aren't depending on signing a Statsny for examply.

Campbell is probably as frustrated as the rest of us. He's approaching the last years of his career and wants to win - who wouldn't be frustrated with the perpetual rebuilding here?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I wouldn't mind trading an aging Campbell if we're serious about throwing big time bucks at guys like Orpik or Niskanen to shore up the D. You've got Louie in the pipes, now build out by having a solid top 4 D and use Campbell to bring in a top 6 forward? That would be worth exploring IMO and means you aren't depending on signing a Statsny for examply.

Campbell is probably as frustrated as the rest of us. He's approaching the last years of his career and wants to win - who wouldn't be frustrated with the perpetual rebuilding here?

Orpik does not make our defense better.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
just heard on sportsnet that he did not request a trade but has said if a trade possibility comes up he would consider waiving his no trade but only to a contender.... so this isnt as bad as its made out to be... anyone at this stage of his career would probably want to play for a contender but its not like hes forcing it... i doubt he gets moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad