Rumor: Brian Campbell wants out..?

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
we need campbell and we need someone adequate to play along side him. if we keep campbell and get a legitimate #2 we will be on our way to very positive improvement on this team. if we lose him, we set ourselves back 2-3 years. personally i don't believe campbell requested a trade. at least i hope not!!!!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
My point was that the one likely top4 signing would be paired with Campbell. If Campbell isn't here, that signing would be paired with Kuli who would be bumped up from the 2nd pairing, leading to someone (probably Guds) bumped up to replace Kuli, which then leaves an open spot on the bottom pairing. Jovo is still the captain of the team and I don't see Tallon signing a d-man just for the purpose of replacing Jovo.

Just like in 2011. Having the money doesn't necessarily lead to signing good players.

I think this is more closer to the truth, seriously who would be happy with the way the last two seasons have gone.

If DT fails to sign a competent d-man to pair with Campbell, then this will become a problem, no doubt about it.

Well said.

But we had nothing back then. Our core of young players didn't exist/weren't ready to take the next step. We're much closer to turning the corner now and we also had to spend to reach the cap floor. The idea now is that we'll be able to go after bigger fish because we have an owner with deeper pockets which we didn't have before and wont stop once we reach the floor.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Marek was on Sportsnet up here this afternoon talking about him (one of the only good people they have.) He essentially said that he's pissed off because they've sucked the past 2 years but that the rumour he wants out is overblown.

IMO if the team doesn't get better this year, it will be his last season as a Panther.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
If he notioned to Tallon in any way that he doesn't want to be here or he would like to be traded he won't be in our lineup next season. Guaranteed. Nothing against Campbell, love the guy and he's been our best player the past few years. But, if you don't want to be here or you aren't showing your potential, then you're not gonna be here. That's the Tallon way. It started with Horton.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
To clarify guys, I'll be the first one to put my hand up and admit that I was wrong, if DT manages to sign more than one top4 d-man and/or multiple top6 forwards. I just don't see it happening and we should be glad if even one (from both) of those comes this way.

But we had nothing back then. Our core of young players didn't exist/weren't ready to take the next step. We're much closer to turning the corner now and we also had to spend to reach the cap floor. The idea now is that we'll be able to go after bigger fish because we have an owner with deeper pockets which we didn't have before and wont stop once we reach the floor.
There's just so many better options available to them, that Florida is pretty low on their list. It's not a knock on the current situation of the team, the players, management, new owner, location, etc., it's just the way how UFAs prioritise things.

Players don't want to come here because there isn't a winning culture or/and a history of winning, nor is the area known for spewing out players that want to return home. Money isn't as big of a thing as people like to make it out to be, and most of the UFAs have already earned a substantial amount of it with their previous team(s) that they don't care if they earn a mill or two less with a team that guarantees him a sure trip to contend for the cup.

Marek was on Sportsnet up here this afternoon talking about him (one of the only good people they have.) He essentially said that he's pissed off because they've sucked the past 2 years but that the rumour he wants out is overblown.

IMO if the team doesn't get better this year, it will be his last season as a Panther.
I agree with this.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Not at all surprised Campbell wants to leave. Guy looked like his heart just wasn't with the Panthers last year. If this is true, i fear things are nowhere near as stable on the top with Viola as we've all been led to believe. Maybe Campbell got word Bylsma is not coming and that blew out Campbells last candle.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
No but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he waived. He's got to roll with the punches. Nobody is happy that we've sucked the last two years.

What he got into was making the playoffs his 1st, named to the all-star team and getting the Bynf trophy. So he shouldn't be upset with the drop off if the last two years?

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Not at all surprised Campbell wants to leave. Guy looked like his heart just wasn't with the Panthers last year. If this is true, i fear things are nowhere near as stable on the top with Viola as we've all been led to believe. Maybe Campbell got word Bylsma is not coming and that blew out Campbells last candle.

Campbell is replaceable. He was a liability all year defensively. And without garrison he is completely ineffective in controlling our PP.

A judgement on whether viola is a good owner or not will be the amount of salary on our books on July 2nd. Only then, will I make that judgement call.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
What he got into was making the playoffs his 1st, named to the all-star team and getting the Bynf trophy. So he shouldn't be upset with the drop off if the last two years?

Everyone is upset. But wanting out or eluding to it (we haven't heard anyone else complain) is being a baby. That's why Tallon ships out people who don't want to be here.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
GUYSSSS

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m
#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade.
Pembroke Pines, FL

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Per GR

"#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade."

That's some good news.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon texted me that D Brian Campbell has not requested a trade.
Pembroke Pines, FL

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Well, that was a whole lot of worry for nothing. Back to being stressed and worried about our next coach/the draft!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Well, that was a whole lot of worry for nothing. Back to being stressed and worried about our next coach/the draft!

:laugh:

Losing Campbell would be bad, unless a suitable replacement can be found, as well as another top 4 D men. It will be tough enough to get a top 4 D men, never mind a top pairing D man.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
My guess what happened, Campbell said he's unhappy how the last two seasons have gone, Strickland drew the knee-jerk conclusion that he wants out.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
My guess what happened, Campbell said he's unhappy how the last two seasons have gone, Strickland drew the knee-jerk conclusion that he wants out.

I agree with this. I should have known better when GR was saying he had no clue what everyone was talking about. Campbell is definitely frustrated, you could see it in his play. And really, I don't blame him after the successful start he had here. I hope he's just expressing his frustration to Tallon, who is hopefully listening and telling Campbell that he'll have a legit top pairing D-man to work with next season.

gauseka15

Apr 21, 2014
Isle of Man
Eh who cares, this is no big deal. Am i the only one who is happy to see this? People actually start to perform when there is a fire lit under their ass, tallon, so i expect to see some efforts to make the team better to make him happy.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
well, this puts the ball in tallon's court. if tallon feels he can get good value for campbell he can discuss a trade, or if there is no good option we keep him and move on. i think he'll be here next year with a somewhat revamped d. either way, tallon will make the call with the approval of campbell. but i think campbell will be in the starting line up. he's a classy guy, not a versteeg!!

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
all of the recent news does not bode well for the panther's "plans" to spend more money this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad