Sportsnet: Brian Burke- “It’s time for William Nylander to move”

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I agree with Burke. I was actually disgusted by his series against Columbus. He’s so scared of any physical contact it’s laughable. If there is a one on one race to the puck along the boards you can see him slow down and let the other player take the puck. He did this with 3 minutes left in Game 5....if you can’t sacrifice your body in a game that important you’re a complete muffin and you’re playing the wrong sport. Go take up f***ing badminton.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
nylander / nsh ryan ellis as part of some multi player deal .money would be about even ...come on dubas

Reactions: HockeyWooot

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Colorado is a great fit, as they can absorb Nylander's full cap hit without sending salary back, and also have plenty of good futures to choose from.

Byram is probably a bit much. Timmins+ makes far more sense, especially for Toronto given their scarcity of two-way RHD's.

I'd rather do a package around Timmins+ rather than Byram. Nylander is far more valuable than Dadonov given his age, production, and the fact that he's signed to a good contract through his prime.

Byram
Newhook
Timmins
Kaut
Bowers
2020 1st
Annunen
Ranta
Helleson
etc
Some leaf fans said Timmins (RHD - puck carrier) plus Kaut and JT. I’d do that without hesitation.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
How is that not cap compliant yet Tavares and Nylander is?

Huh?

I said i rather have Kadri and Nylander over Tavares.

You said you want Tavares, Kadri and a defenseman who they would get for Nylander.

If the dman is a top 4 guy making 5-7M that's 20.5-22.5M tied to those 3 guys, add Matthews, Marner and Rielly that's 60% of the cap tied to 6 guys.

Nylander and Kadri make 500K more than Tavares alone. 2 forwards for the price of one. And the Leafs haven't even improved with Tavares.

Last edited:

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
These Nylander for Prospect+picks proposals are laughable. If they decide to trade the 24-year-old Nylander, it will be centered around something that can help them in the now.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
These Nylander for Prospect+picks proposals are laughable. If they decide to trade the 24-year-old Nylander, it will be centered around something that can help them in the now.

You realize those futures can be traded for help too right? Not to mention the cap savings that can be spent elsewhere.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Right, I know, but looking back it seems a tad high now...revisionism. Still, signing him was a no brainer. I say these things as a Tavares fan, from his NYI days til now.
I guess if you predicted a pandemic, and knew the cap would remain flat for the next 3 years, then ya, makes sense:huh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nurse for Nylander.

Think it would honestly make both the Leafs and Oilers better balanced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad