Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
tumblr_mr8sy7lLmz1qdgqiao1_250.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Damn i was hoping they would keep Lauzon in. He was our best chance at getting a power play tonight.

Beating the Bruins in 4 would be better than Christmas.

Clifton is trash. Tinordi would have been a better choice for Boston.

Also Kuraly as 3C instead of Coyle really mitigates the Caps icing Oshie at center. Don't understand why Coyle isn't Boston's 3C.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

Also Kuraly as 3C instead of Coyle really mitigates the Caps icing Oshie at center. Don't understand why Coyle isn't Boston's 3C.

I didn't realize they sat Tinner game 1. I think he is a stud and a good piece for a team to try to match up against us. Especially knowing the PP disparity they can plan on getting they can risk using more aggressive players to try to slow down Willy Ovi etc.

Clifton is 5'11 (more likely not even 5'10) 195 pounds so I would like to see him get pounded early and often today. I love the panic turnover by Dmen about to get hit. They almost always lead to a quality chance.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Which is unfortunate since GMGM refused to add hitters/fighters/"grit" for years because he had faith our PP would be enough of a deterrent. Flawed thinking that puts too much power in the hands of refs, in particular during playoff matchups where everyone becomes more physical and the refs can swallow whistles for long periods of time.

game 2 vs Philly in 08 still boils my blood. Caps started responding in game 4 but it was too late as the hole was dug

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

So is Tinordi to be honest. He bleeds goals against, has terrible PIM taken/drawn ratio and coughs up the puck a lot in the D zone. I would have rather seen Tinordi on the ice. The difference isn't huge though. Clifton is not very good either. Neither of them provide any offense. I wonder if Lauzon got hurt. He left the G1 after blocking a shot.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So is Tinordi to be honest. He bleeds goals against, has terrible PIM taken/drawn ratio and coughs up the puck a lot in the D zone. I would have rather seen Tinordi on the ice. The difference isn't huge though. Clifton is not very good either. Neither of them provide any offense. I wonder if Lauzon got hurt. He left the G1 after blocking a shot.
Yeah but Tinordi is a monster of a human being and can inflict pain. Given two trash players of roughly similar crappiness I'll take the smaller one more likely to receive punishment rather than inflict it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

Maybe he got benched for overreacting on Ovi, for just watching his fellow prune dive in the boards trying to draw a 5.

It may be better to have a player with crappier corsi but at least has discipline (and can recognize a dive), or least one that our forwards may think twice about while attacking the net.

Love the Clifton addition as no forward is afraid of him. I prefer facing a tiny D corpse in the playoffs.
897d6dac3edd429f392531c714390e02.jpg

Last edited:

Jun 15, 2007

Didn't expect Laviolette to weigh-in on the Israel-Palestine conflict. Should stick to hockey imo. We have a playoff game to prepare for.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would like to see Anthony Mantra further endear himself with fans, and truck someone. The smaller their lineup, the more hitting I want. Surprising no one, I am sure.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Sure....

200.gif

I do think its a pretty cool movie - Bruce in his prime including a decent actual car chase scene which is a thing of the past.
There’s an anecdote from that movie in If Chins could Talk where they film this big scene with Bruce Willis and his dad in that movie, Frazier’s dad John Mahoney, and they’re shooting the scene from both perspectives, and when they’re shooting Bruce Willis’s lines everyone’s there, and when they’re filming John Mahoney’s lines Willis won’t show up on set so he’s got to read across from some PA.

Reactions: RandyHolt

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Headed to the game tonight with my mother and I have to say, any game that i go to with my mom generally ends poorly for the good guys. But that streak has to end at some point.

We went to three games together in 2018 during the cup run and they were all losses, so either way, it's all part of the plan folks.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Headed to the game tonight with my mother and I have to say, any game that i go to with my mom generally ends poorly for the good guys. But that streak has to end at some point.

We went to three games together in 2018 during the cup run and they were all losses, so either way, it's all part of the plan folks.

What if we had a gofundme to get you to stay home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad