Post-Game Talk: Brews vs Cups - 730p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don’t really agree that Anderson was strong. He gave up 4 (one of which was 100% on him) and was saved from 2 other goals against by Jensen and Orlov. He was significantly better in the second half of the game than the first, but he didn’t exactly inspire confidence in me.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I don’t really agree that Anderson was strong. He gave up 4 (one of which was 100% on him) and was saved from 2 other goals against by Jensen and Orlov. He was significantly better in the second half of the game than the first, but he didn’t exactly inspire confidence in me.
Goalies have to rebound. Andy did that like a 40 year old pro. Doubt Sammy or Vitek could recover from that.

Reactions: g00n

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
So many overreactions here.

We have skilled players. We are without one skill player. Carlson is still better than Orlov. Mantha literally had Marchand hit him in the face and got under his skin. He stepped up a ton today. Lavi also has been turtling/throwing pucks down ice all year and we have one of best 1 goal game record in NHL.
We didn't look like we had skilled players on 4 on 4 and the 2nd. This one player can change the complexion of the 4 on 4 dramatically. In this series so far Orlov is better than Carlson. Yeah, Marchand was so rattled by Mantha, so he scored the overtime goal. He didn't step enough, we need to step him and score goals and create chances. Might be, but we didn't turtle like we did in this 3rd. That was embarassing and screamed score on me.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
If Eller and Kuzy (whom i don’t think plays until the weekend) are both out Wednesday it gets interesting. Maybe:

OVBackstromMantha OrlovCarlson
ShearyOshieWilson DillonTVR
SprongPilon/MailletRaffl CharaJensen
HagsDowdHathaway Schultz
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
what??? they scored 3rd without Eller and dominated in the 3rd before they scored the 3rd (they shots were 9-1 Caps). Then they decided to turtle badly, afraid to go over their blue line. Boston knew they wouldn't go there and started finding their game, before they were completely out of the picture.

you are correct obviously that at the start of the injury it didn’t affect the team too much, but the caps lost a great matchup line and playing defense is tiring so as the game wore on the Caps lost their energy.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
The good:

Anderson looks solid enough
Fourth line is dominant (as expected)
Caps are definitely trying to win
Caps are winning the physical game
Raffl is a pleasant surprise

The bad:

Eller might be injured
Ovi, Bäcks and the other stars need to show up and be a major factor
Refs seem intent on impacting the game

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Anyway being up to 2 rarely worked good for us. So need to win a game at Boston, better two! Eller is down sucks, but we need everyone to step up. That's how you win games and series.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Caps had at least two and more likely three PPs taken from them tonight. Confident we would have scored at least one goal on those. Capitals have outplayed Boston so far this series and if they keep it up this series will be over in 6.
i started watching from the 2nd. So can comment on that, but Boston definitely dominated us at the end of 2nd and on 4 on 4. Then we did in the first half of the 3rd, then them again. So it's a momentum switching every 10 or 15 mins or so. So far it looks like we are evenly matched. We will see how things will be in Boston.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps had at least two and more likely three PPs taken from them tonight. Confident we would have scored at least one goal on those. Capitals have outplayed Boston so far this series and if they keep it up this series will be over in 6.

I have the Caps in 6, mainly due to Caps at home isn't traditionally great. Both games were pleasant surprise due to enthusiasm. Biggest thing the Caps can do is erase this game and play their game. While I don't hate the Bruins, I don't see anything impressive with them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad