It's my bday. Give me what I want:

giphy.gif

Or else:

upload_2021-5-17_12-13-26-png.434958

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Caps pp for and against in the playoffs has been entirely negative for years and years now. The Caps pp is too good to be allowed to ruin an otherwise competitive series.

Which is unfortunate since GMGM refused to add hitters/fighters/"grit" for years because he had faith our PP would be enough of a deterrent. Flawed thinking that puts too much power in the hands of refs, in particular during playoff matchups where everyone becomes more physical and the refs can swallow whistles for long periods of time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It would be interesting to see the league "experts" chime in our decades long playoff power play PPP disparity. And also for some mathematicians quantify the statistical anomaly we are seeing. Surprising no one in R1G1, that shit continued.

I expect a one goal loss tonight, but please know I expect every series to go to 7, and every game to go to OT.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Which is unfortunate since GMGM refused to add hitters/fighters/"grit" for years because he had faith our PP would be enough of a deterrent. Flawed thinking that puts too much power in the hands of refs, in particular during playoff matchups where everyone becomes more physical and the refs can swallow whistles for long periods of time.

Well...That was what Tom Wilson was all about. Forcing the league away from let em play called series with the Caps. It works in general but they still call Wilson while they let opposing players punch Oshie in the head and rip his lid off in open ice with no call. Wilson has to create mayhem for it to have effect now.

IMO, a bloodbath is coming. Boston got away with crosschecking Ovechkin in the mouth and running over Anderson. You can count on it that Boston is going to run Anderson every chance they get tonight. They may well attack Ovechkin and his going to have to defend himself. Wilson cant do it

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It would be interesting to see the league "experts" chime in our decades long playoff power play PPP disparity. And also for some mathematicians quantify the statistical anomaly we are seeing. Surprising no one in R1G1, that shit continued.

I expect a one goal loss tonight, but please know I expect every series to go to 7, and every game to go to OT.

Its game management. Since the Caps made the playoffs for the first time with Ovechkin they rank 3rd pp% and 23rd in pp opp/g. Note that the Lightning rank 28th in pp opps/g.

It goes all the way back to the Caps v Pens series of 2008-09. The Caps won the first two games in DC and if they won game 3 that series was done too soon. Recall the cheap ass tripping penalty on Erskine in overtime that provided the winner for Pittsburgh that day. I am sure the league didnt know or care that they had destroyed the Caps as a playoff threat for a decade with that.

My numbers may be slightly off, but in that time the Caps are 3rd in pp%, 23rd in pp opps and 14th in ppgs for. See how it averages out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->