Player Discussion Brett Howden

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
A change in the line-up doesn't always have to be about a guy deserving to move up. It should also be about a guy forcing to be moved down. Lias has not been bad in the role he was given, but Howden has. What's the harm in at least trying something else? But it isn't happening any time soon unfortunately. Ideally, both go to Hartford and Nieves centers the 4th line
I'd agree with this whole post. Howden has not been good. I rarely notice and when I do I try to follow his shift. I do that often vs actually just watching the play. Lias can be better, Howden has not been better in more opportunity though. It's just crazy they haven't tried it differently.

Reactions: haveandare

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
This is a failed experiment - he isn’t going to be Fast 2.0

Maybe some scratches or time in the minors to tighten up is game. He is just below NHL ability level

Reactions: haveandare

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He’s a very likable kid.. And he does have a future in the NHL.

But he’s clearly playing over his head right now. He needed more time in Hartford than Lias, imo.

Reactions: CasusBelli

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ve seen a lot of footage from practices where Quinn seems to really follow Howden around, talking nicely to him and specifically coaching him. It seems like Howden is his favorite son. He really should not be in the NHL but I’d bet he plays all 82 games.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would have been nice if Lias was killing it in Hartford. Send Howden down recall Lias. I'm all for Howden in Hartford. Just sucks right now we have no depth in the bottom 6

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Would have been nice if Lias was killing it in Hartford. Send Howden down recall Lias. I'm all for Howden in Hartford. Just sucks right now we have no depth in the bottom 6
Panarin, trouba, and fox all pushed things up a notch. If those players aren’t here, we are a bottom 3 team.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Send him down already jesus. It's not too late to not ruin him.
At this point, sadly, I think he still has a better chance than Lias of becoming an NHL regular. The question is whether Howden will be a third or fourth liner (don’t see him ever becoming a second liner). We’ll be lucky if LA ever becomes a third liner. Ziba and Chytil will lead the way; Howden to follow.

Reactions: bl02

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’ve seen a lot of footage from practices where Quinn seems to really follow Howden around, talking nicely to him and specifically coaching him. It seems like Howden is his favorite son. He really should not be in the NHL but I’d bet he plays all 82 games.

This is like Vesey and AV :laugh:

Nobody understands why he's on the team but the coach loves him

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

A recent three-game slide hasn't helped. But prior to that, Andersson was scoring at a .5 goal per game clip for Hartford.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm honestly very impressed with how little I notice Brett Howden every game. He might as well not be playing, he is that uninvolved.

But then I notice he has a -11.10 relxGF% and I can't even comprehend it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That's true. I still expect him to be around 0.70 PPG in the AHL at the end of the season. Let's see if that happens.

I expect consistency from him --- and that's probably his biggest problem right now.

He has games where he looks really good. And then he has games where he's nothing special.

I also have to tell you, I am increasingly curious to see how he would look as a wing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I expect consistency from him --- and that's probably his biggest problem right now.

He has games where he looks really good. And then he has games where he's nothing special.

I also have to tell you, I am increasingly curious to see how he would look as a wing.

He was pretty solid on the wing last year in April playing with Zibanejad. There's definitely enough reason to at least give him a shot in that position whichever line it is

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

This is why you trade DeAngelo, Kreider and Buchnevich in the right deals. Forward squad needs depth, toughness, speed with some talent. Your top 6 going forward is Panarin, Zibanejad, Kakko, Strome, Chytil and either a UFA or player from one of those deals. Leaving Lemieux and Fast if they keep Fast to fill out your bottom 6. Buchnevich is not good enough or consistent enough to be a top 6 forward and he doesn't have the intangibles that a bottom 6 forward needs. Kreider they aren't paying. DeAngelo is going to be replaced by Lundkvist. I see no way Lundkvist doesn't easily make this team next year. Keane will probably get lots of time as the 7 d man next year giving the organization a better idea of what they have with him.

If they aren't going to trade that meathead Kravtsov then everybody better start praying the clown starts to turn it around. As well as Lias at least turning into a solid third line forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00